Is there a good place here to post short stories?

Or maybe as a diary? You could post them in installments and keep us all waiting anxiously to see what happens. Looking forward to reading your writing...
Seeing that I write my stories in the stance of a diarist, they contain true elements which are embellished. My Mom was always leery about some of the contents, and I had to reassure her that it was fictionalized.

Your idea of installments is wonderful; I think I shall do that.

This is my bread-making day and so I am not sure I can post an installment today, but I will try.

Seeing that I write my stories in the stance of a diarist, they contain true elements which are embellished. My Mom was always leery about some of the contents, and I had to reassure her that it was fictionalized.

Your idea of installments is wonderful; I think I shall do that.

This is my bread-making day and so I am not sure I can post an installment today, but I will try.
I will have a slice or two of your home made bread to eat with jam and a cup of tea, thanks. Reading makes me hungry. Oh, wait, hmm, everything makes me hungry BUT since you are making bread you might as well share it with us. Well, with me especially.

I will have a slice or two of your home made bread to eat with jam and a cup of tea, thanks. Reading makes me hungry. Oh, wait, hmm, everything makes me hungry BUT since you are making bread you might as well share it with us. Well, with me especially.
And I am sure you and others would like my bread as I call it my Artisan bread seeing I throw in a medley such as leftover cereal crumbs, graham cracker crumbs, crushed nuts such as cashews (my favourite) or other and of course little bits of cutup fruit, etc etc. I tend to throw in this and that and so far so good. I began making this about 50 years ago because of all the cereal crumbs the kids wouldn't eat and we lived in the cold Province of Alberta at the time. I do have a funny anecdote about it to share later if interested. Also, must tell you how I modified my recipe as my hands, due to arthritis, would not co-operate. Must go...sure smells good in here!

I'm not sure posting your stories in a public forum is a good idea. I'm no lawyer, but I think by doing so, you may be giving up legal authorship of them. I haven't the faintest idea what they are, but to ensure your stories remain legally yours, you have to do certain things. I've heard you have to send copies of the story to yourself, etc You may not think that's important, but what if someone takes your story, and gets a movie deal out of it. I'd check around for some" free legal advice for authors. com" or something like that.

I'm not sure posting your stories in a public forum is a good idea. I'm no lawyer, but I think by doing so, you may be giving up legal authorship of them. I haven't the faintest idea what they are, but to ensure your stories remain legally yours, you have to do certain things. I've heard you have to send copies of the story to yourself, etc You may not think that's important, but what if someone takes your story, and gets a movie deal out of it. I'd check around for some" free legal advice for authors. com" or something like that.

Stories aren't protected by registering a copyright; the only thing that's protected is your embellishment of the story -- the actual text.

In other words, you could write an incredible story and somebody could read it and write their own story based on yours, and that would be perfectly legal as long as they didn't copy anything word for word. Ideas are not protected.

Back