Is there Something I Am Not Doing Right?

FastTrax

I am not sure how this is supposed to work but it seems when some members "Follow Me" It appears that when I start a thread I get a hit within seconds. However when I "Follow" a member I never get an alert of any kind when they start a thread. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I am not sure how this is supposed to work but it seems when some members "Follow Me" It appears that when I start a thread I get a hit within seconds. However when I "Follow" a member I never get an alert of any kind when they start a thread. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
I'd been interested in that as well as I've got no idea how it works. Or a point to the right place to read up on it, please? :)

I don't think you get an alert of any kind on any forum if you follow someone. Following someone is more like befriending them only. On some boards you can click on a Your News Feed, and that just shows a listing of all the posts of the people you follow and who follow you, but no alerts sent. I may be wrong, but that's as far as I know.

I don't think you get an alert of any kind on any forum if you follow someone. Following someone is more like befriending them only. On some boards you can click on a Your News Feed, and that just shows a listing of all the posts of the people you follow and who follow you, but no alerts sent. I may be wrong, but that's as far as I know.
That's been my experience on the two forums I frequent. So.. what's the point in following peeps, I wonder... Eh, no harm, I suppose.

On the old vbulletin software, we sent someone we liked or enjoyed their posts a friend request, the other person could accept or reject it. If it was accepted, your avatar showed on their profile page. The following thing just seems to be a replacement for that.

Just an FYI. I have gotten two alerts in the last few weeks that you started following me but I can find no record of it.

Just an FYI. I have gotten two alerts in the last few weeks that you started following me but I can find no record of it.

Same here. Some time ago another member said to check the bell thingy on the upper right hand corner of the screen. Thanks all and enjoy your day.

FastTrax, I got the message that you were following me but I had no idea how to follow you back or anyone as of that matter so I just went on my business. It seems I get notifications to the threads that I have posted on and that is it.

@Rah-Rah .. to follow a member, click on their avatar. There, you will see "Follow", click on that.

Maybe it's push notification thing. We shall C.......

Click on your user name and go to your profile page. Click on About, where you said what gender you are and where you are from. You'll see the avatars of those following you, and the ones that you follow. Go to anyone's profile page and click Follow to follow them.

I was thinking that following someone would enable the sending of a push notification every time that person posts, which it doesn't. But on thinking about it further, maybe that is a good thing because the alternative above seems like a good way for cliques to start?

Anyway, I don't want to miss things other peeps are posting because I'm not following them. I'd be missing a lot of gems.

Just to be sure, I'm going to unfollow all my follows and enjoy everyone. :)

I was thinking that following someone would enable the sending of a push notification every time that person posts, which it doesn't. But on thinking about it further, maybe that is a good thing because the alternative above seems like a good way for cliques to start?

Anyway, I don't want to miss things other peeps are posting because I'm not following them. I'd be missing a lot of gems.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't do that. Following a SF member in good standing is like a badge of honor and like minded respect. This is second to props count. I think I read that somewhere.

yep I have been here 8 years..I don't follow anyone.. I just like to read everyone's' posts and those I don't I put on ignore...

Back