Is this a hooked rug?

I would have to look closely at the stitch. It looks like either hooked or needlepoint. If the top is smooth I'd say needlepoint. If slightly fuzzy and you can brush up a nap, I'd say hooked?

I had one of a country scene with a red barn in it. I did sell that one for $3, bit the woman that bought it at first asked if I'd accept $1. No way!

I put the cardinal one up for sale on Marketplace and FB Online Garage sale - no nibbles.

An antique shop is paying rent & maintenance & taxes. Maybe even for an employee. Negotiating a price is even expected there.

If one of your items is desired, the shopper will buy it but they may try to haggle first. Frankly, I don’t if the price is fair, but some people consider it part of the game.

I would have bought those bells you sold.

Like Phoenix said, people don't want to pay over $1 for anything at a tag sale. I never understood that. If something is worth $20 in an antique shop, it's intrinsic value should be the same at any venue.
I don't think so. Shops have heavy overhead. You are not a store and have no overhead.

Here are some rugs ive been working on for years. I may finish them this year. I guess I can upload only one picture at a time. This is the backside

I went to a hooker that got into teaching and making her own hooks after a serious car accident. She started out with rug hook kits and decided she wanted to the old fashion thats made with wool strips. You can also use nice think yarn. See pictures. The Santa is the original old fashion wool strip rug and the other one is from thick yarn.

Attachments

• 20200924_184057.jpg
    20200924_184057.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 2
This is a partial picture of the one Im making with big yarn

Attachments

• 20200924_184051.jpg
    20200924_184051.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 2

Back