It has taken me an hour - I booked a 1 week holiday in Melbourne

I have been thinking about a trip by bus through the Hill country of Texas this spring. My birthday is in April, that is prime bluebonnet bloom. Would go to San Antonio for a few days, a favorite destination. Who knows, maybe I might go wild and continue down to Mustang Island for a few days. It would be a Diners, Drive in and Dives type trip. I can fill up on the best mexican food and the freshest seafood. Might not fit the bus on the return trip because my smile will be to large.

I have been thinking about a trip by bus through the Hill country of Texas this spring. My birthday is in April, that is prime bluebonnet bloom. Would go to San Antonio for a few days, a favorite destination. Who knows, maybe I might go wild and continue down to Mustang Island for a few days. It would be a Diners, Drive in and Dives type trip. I can fill up on the best mexican food and the freshest seafood. Might not fit the bus on the return trip because my smile will be to large.
That sounds like a great idea and a great trip. Bite the bullet and start making arrangements soon?

That sounds like a great idea and a great trip. Bite the bullet and start making arrangements soon?

I have to think about the dogs. One of the littles can go to my son. The two boys are a handful so would need to be boarded. I have never done that before. The longest I have been away is overnight for a surgery. The son came and stayed here with me a few days. He then took the big dog home with him for a month. I had a hip replacement and he did not want me knocked down. They love Mr. Big but he will bark(loud) at night. Not so good when you are a working family. Plus, being a chow, it calls for everyday vacuuming LOL.

I am jealous, you are going to have a wonderful time. We maybe retired but we still enjoy a get away. I have not had a trip anywhere since my husband passed and I really missed, even those short 3 day trips down to San Antonio!

I have to think about the dogs. One of the littles can go to my son. The two boys are a handful so would need to be boarded. I have never done that before. The longest I have been away is overnight for a surgery. The son came and stayed here with me a few days. He then took the big dog home with him for a month. I had a hip replacement and he did not want me knocked down. They love Mr. Big but he will bark(loud) at night. Not so good when you are a working family. Plus, being a chow, it calls for everyday vacuuming LOL.

I am jealous, you are going to have a wonderful time. We maybe retired but we still enjoy a get away. I have not had a trip anywhere since my husband passed and I really missed, even those short 3 day trips down to San Antonio!
One of the reasons I do not have pets. I often go camping in the bush for up to a week at a time.
Can not leave pets on their own. I never want to take dog camping with me because they would keep the animals from coming close.

One of the reasons I do not have pets. I often go camping in the bush for up to a week at a time.
Can not leave pets on their own. I never want to take dog camping with me because they would keep the animals from coming close.

I camped a lot as a child. I still enjoy the great outdoors but prefer to have a cabin, or space to return to that has the modern conveniences. I can cook outside, take a swim during the night but I want a toilet, shower and bed come time for bed. Yes I have become a girl girl when it comes to bedtime. LOL

Always exciting to take a holiday somewhere other than where you live. The unknown adventures you'll have; something to look forward to ... have fun(y)

Make sure you visit the Mornington Peninsula (Where I live) some wonderful Wineries and Restaurants and drive up to Arthurs Seat, the views from up there are out of this world ...ENJOY!

:)

Attachments

• mornington-peninsula-arthurs-seat.jpg
    mornington-peninsula-arthurs-seat.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1
Re the hour it took...That must have been fun (I'm being facetious). Did the trip to cost as much as the return trip? $617 for the week is pretty darned good. Many hotels here would charge that for a couple of days and even more for weekend nights (Fri & Sat). Now that you're all booked I wish you safe travels always and a very enjoyable trip.

Re the hour it took...That must have been fun (I'm being facetious). Did the trip to cost as much as the return trip? $617 for the week is pretty darned good. Many hotels here would charge that for a couple of days and even more for weekend nights (Fri & Sat). Now that you're all booked I wish you safe travels always and a very enjoyable trip.
Thank you.
Airfares can be from $220 one way to over $1000. I have booked 2 1/2 months ahead, good deals available with so much notice.
Same with accommodation, plenty of notice gets a better deal. I could have stayed in a 4 bed dormitory for $400/week.
Not much fun sharing with strangers. Never know if they might be party animals and arrive back drunk and boisterous.

Thank you.
Airfares can be from $220 one way to over $1000. I have booked 2 1/2 months ahead, good deals available with so much notice.
Same with accommodation, plenty of notice gets a better deal. I could have stayed in a 4 bed dormitory for $400/week.
Not much fun sharing with strangers. Never know if they might be party animals and arrive back drunk and boisterous.

I have to agree with that. I always want my personal space. There are very few I could room with.

I really enjoy spending time in the mountains. Is that what Aussies call the bush? I learned a lot about living off the grid while in the military, which when we camp in the mountains is comparable. There are no conveniences. In the military, it’s called survival training. It can be a good time, but not in January around this part of the country and worse further north, like in Wisconsin or Minnesota.

Thank you.
Did you mention where this dormitory was?!? Asking for a friend....;)

Back