It's July- Merry Christmas!!!

Ruthanne

SF VIP
Hallmark is at it again, they do this every year. I don't have that channel any longer anyway. I saw enough Christmas movies this past REAL Christmas season. :LOL:

Capt Lightning

Many years ago we made a road trip across the Northern USA. We made no plans, just went from day to day, generally avoiding the main tourist areas. In one small town, we stumbled across a "Christmas in July" festival. It was great fun and the people were great when they found a party of Brits visiting their town.

Autumn

Last year on Christmas Day we went into a Walgreens Pharmacy. The staff was busy taking down all the Christmas stuff and Putting out items for Valentine's Day.

Holidays are put out there so far in advance that by the time they come, we're sick of them.

Original Poster
Last year on Christmas Day we went into a Walgreens Pharmacy. The staff was busy taking down all the Christmas stuff and Putting out items for Valentine's Day.

Holidays are put out there so far in advance that by the time they come, we're sick of them.
I remember when older relatives complained about Christmas decorations in stores a month or so early- "They can't even wait til Thanksgiving?!?" :oops: and the first Christmas commercial on t.v. was always a cartoony Santa zipping down a snowbank on a Norelco razor.

A day after I saw the "Christmas in July" ad for predecorated trees recently, I was channel-surfing and heard a Christmas carol- it was some Christmas movie.