It's Official Now

gamboolman

We joined the Forum back in 2016 while still working but dreaming of retirement....

Well it's official now, ms gamboolgal and I will be for sure "Retiree's" now....

Well it is for sure this time....

Confirmed effective retirement date will be 1-Feb-21.

Megaoil Corp offered a small incentive package for retirement eligible folks - and it was a no brainer for me 🥳

At age 61 it is not a real early retirement but it sure as hell beats working any longer....

43 year in the oilpatch....seems like a blink of the eye ago I was Roughnecking on Odeco 7 and the Ocean King in the Gulf of Mexico.....and all I could think about was going on days off so I could chase ms gamboolgal around......

Now I'm not going to be hampered by the job taking away time from my favorite thing to do - I'll be able to devote full-time to chasing ms gamboolgal around the ole 4 poster buck neckid....

This pic is from ~38 year ago out in West Texas when ms gamboolgal & I had not been married long. I was tossing the Spinning Chain in them days....still have all my fingers.....ha
7n3VClql.jpg

This pic was always one of my favorites of the Bight of Benin offshore Equatorial Guinea taken from the Jade Platform looking to the West at the Zafiro Producer on the South (left) and the old Magnolia on the North side.....

17 years living in Africa.....I remember going to Africa the first time clear as day.....

Like I said, just the blink of a eye ago......
1MweIJnl.jpg

We came back to Texas in April of this year to finish up the career back out in West Texas.... perfect ending for us to ride off into the Sunset out in West Texas where we started out our married life....39 year ago....
Sx5tIc3l.png

Lifes A Dance And You Learn As You Go.....

gamboolman...

We joined the Forum back in 2016 while still working but dreaming of retirement....

Well it's official now, ms gamboolgal and I will be for sure "Retiree's" now....

Well it is for sure this time....

Confirmed effective retirement date will be 1-Feb-21.

Megaoil Corp offered a small incentive package for retirement eligible folks - and it was a no brainer for me 🥳

At age 61 it is not a real early retirement but it sure as hell beats working any longer....

43 year in the oilpatch....seems like a blink of the eye ago I was Roughnecking on Odeco 7 and the Ocean King in the Gulf of Mexico.....and all I could think about was going on days off so I could chase ms gamboolgal around......

Now I'm not going to be hampered by the job taking away time from my favorite thing to do - I'll be able to devote full-time to chasing ms gamboolgal around the ole 4 poster buck neckid....

This pic is from ~38 year ago out in West Texas when ms gamboolgal & I had not been married long. I was tossing the Spinning Chain in them days....still have all my fingers.....ha
7n3VClql.jpg

This pic was always one of my favorites of the Bight of Benin offshore Equatorial Guinea taken from the Jade Platform looking to the West at the Zafiro Producer on the South (left) and the old Magnolia on the North side.....

17 years living in Africa.....I remember going to Africa the first time clear as day.....

Like I said, just the blink of a eye ago......
1MweIJnl.jpg

We came back to Texas in April of this year to finish up the career back out in West Texas.... perfect ending for us to ride off into the Sunset out in West Texas where we started out our married life....39 year ago....
Sx5tIc3l.png

Lifes A Dance And You Learn As You Go.....

gamboolman...
Congratulations to you, Gam!

Wishing you many happy and relaxing years ahead.

Beautiful piece you wrote, here, @gamboolman
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, the pictures, the images, and the humor, with us, here.

It's a huge step, so congratulations... and I agree, it's like in a blink of an eye...so much changes....over all of those years....

yet, a few things about ourselves stay the same.

50a7f3d4d28e474f211b453eb19a2a4a.jpg

I agree with Kaila & Pecos, I enjoyed reading it as well! Let me add my congratulations to the pile!

Back