Joan Baez turns 80

mellowyellow

joan biez.jpg

Singer-songwriter activist Joan Baez turns 80

After retiring from live performing in 2019, the musician whose 1975 hit, Diamonds & Rust, was written about former lover, Bob Dylan, has turned to painting full-time.

Her new solo art exhibit features portraits of “people making the world a better place.” Mischief Makers 2 is a follow-up to her first show that showcased portraits of people who changed the world through non-violence, like Malala Yousafzai, Aung San Suu Kyi, Ram Dass, John Lewis, and Martin Luther King, Jr—a friend with whom she marched arm-in-arm.

Her best songs were in Spanish.
She used to be my girlfriend, no more-her politic left me cold.
Activist seem to think their opinion is important, once the press prints their first
objection--Then they become an expert on every ill of society.

Her first bio (paperback) portrayed her as a shallow, not too smart lady who should
have stuck to singing.
She was a pawn of people who wanted to use he celebratory status to promote their peculiar ideas.

It means i used to admire her, until i found out she was a shill for others who used her cleb as a spokesperson for whatever kookie agenda they
were pushing.
At present i have a shortage of girlfriends as there are so few to admire; well some are dead like Emily Dickinson, but she is still my girlfriend.

my mouth is not large enough to hold all the marbles Dylan had in there.
Dylan brainwashed Joan, anything he wanted, said she incorporated.
She pined for him most of her life, he never gave her the time of day.

Back