Journaling without Grammarly for fifteen years.

Paul James

:) I journaled for fifteen years and didn't have a clue about editing, today I have a love and hate relationship with it and Grammarly. I've been studying writing in Engish, with Grammarly, seems like a new world and experience to me. I can now when editing a sentence, read the sentence and it looks almost perfect to me.

I haven't a clue what a verb noun or a dangling participle is :confused:. But I love:love_heart: words and their definitions, but choosing a specific word in a sentence is hard for me:(. It seems a specific word describes the whole sentence, that confuses me:confused:. I've also learned story writing is a necessity as well, when writing, be it e-mail or writing in a forum like this one.

About commas, when speaking one must stop and take a breath. I am also writing as I speak and the comma is that breath for me. I am for casual writing and casual writing is like talking to one's mother father brother normally like almost without Grammarly. I am a character writer, not a story writer.Paul

Hi Paul, It seems to me whatever works as long as we can make ourselves understood. I've been trying to write since the early fifties when I first read Mickey Spillane and still haven't mastered a good sentence or a paragraph that didn't need explanation. Welcome to the Forum.

Naw, it's about talking to each other and having a good time. Casual conversation. Every once in a while i'll take out my harmonica and say, 'you know this I'll play real low so I can hear your answer. You might asked, 'What is that? and I'll say that, my friend is 'When the Saints Go matching In' with a little New Orleans jazz thrown in. You'll say something like, 'sounds good,' and I'll say, yeah, it do.'

Casual writing

Casual writing to me is, "Mary had a little lamb and then describe why? That's my story, and the end of it. I've never written any story. I love to be a casual writer and write casually with any other casual writer, there out there because you are one of those. I am trying to also create a writer's style without verbs nouns and split infinitives or participles. But I get critiqued sometime.

I am not perfect, yet like Grammarly. Why would the creators of Grammarly create the perfect software and a nonperfect writer use it? They are taking away my personal individual freedom to screw up. We learn from out mistakes if we admit them before we ignor them all together. If I wrote this post with names like verbs nouns and participles you would never understand what I said. Thanks for listening. CuriousPaul

Back