Just Old Photos

This is my TV/record player/telephone/compass/ Sat nav/ encyclopedia/ video/ Camera ....combo...:LOL:

500x500-iPhones11-red_b2443296-1708-4fc4-b74d-52dc3e10a431_1024x.jpg

I remember when I was a teenager and had a dansette record player which was all the rage, and my father pointing at the household radiogram/record player and saying..''that dansette will never replace this... it's a quality piece of furniture as well as being a functional thing, it will never go out of style... Boy, was HE wrong... :ROFLMAO:

This Chapel was a special project by architect Frank Lloyd Wright :

IMG_0445.JPG

The Pettit Memorial Chapel is a small structure on the grounds of Belvidere Cemetery in Belvidere, Illinois. Emma Glasner Pettit, the sister of William A. Glasner, for whom Wright designed a home Glencoe in 1905, commissioned the chapel in honor of her deceased husband, William H. Pettit. The chapel consists of a long narrow porch and an adjoining, rectangular room for memorial services. Raised above ground level, the chapel is accessed via a staircase at the front of the porch, or a set of angled staircases that flank the meeting room at the rear of the porch. Just as he did in his residential designs, Wright included a centrally located fireplace with a broad chimney that emerges from a low-hipped roof.

ROFLMAO!

Not hard to tell safety was number one back in the day when it came to children!

Wow! That nifty brass pocket shopping thingamajig is one of the more neat-O things I've ever seen!

Back