Keeping "Undesirables" Away ("Here's My Sign")

I have an older security camera system with four real cameras in the front of the house and three fake ones. A solar lit security sign with a security system name on it although not the same security system I am currently using. A large solar security light that comes on when there is movement in the front yard. People cannot get into my back yard without going through my front yard, but I have rocks and things to throw at them if they do. I used to have the best dog in the world, and he would bark and alert me if anyone was near the house, but he has gone to doggie heaven. I make up for it now and at times will bark like he did when someone comes around that I don't like. Also, the key fobs for my cars are nice because I can set the car alarms off when suspicious people are around to warn my neighbors. In the past I have left the dashcam in my car on and faced it towards the front of the house so it can record what is going on, but it is a drain on the car battery, and you need to run the car every day or two to keep the battery charged up.

I found one for you, @Myrtle ! It says,
"Before you knock on my door, please note:
This home charges $50.00 per minute to listen to sales pitches and religious messages. This fee is payable in advance. By knocking on my door or ringing my doorbell, you are agreeing to my terms and conditions as stated above. No Soliciting!"

:giggle: :giggle:
Maybe that will keep your pests away.

Maybe so. The cold seems to work really well but in warmer weather I definitely need a better sign. It’s not religious people. It‘s been mostly solar, security systems, lawn care and various other things for the home. I don’t answer the door when I’m not expecting anyone but sometimes I’m on the porch. Everyone that knows me knows to text first if they want to get in. :oops:

I have an older security camera system with four real cameras in the front of the house and three fake ones. A solar lit security sign with a security system name on it although not the same security system I am currently using. A large solar security light that comes on when there is movement in the front yard. People cannot get into my back yard without going through my front yard, but I have rocks and things to throw at them if they do
But do your cameras keep the sales people and door to door "missionaries" away? That's what I need the sign for... security is a different matter. I could have a dozen cameras and a sign that they're being watched and sales people/missionaries, etc. would still come to the door in that case, I'm pretty sure.

We live on a main thoroughfare on the edge of a large city 90,000 +/- and rarely have anyone come to our front or back door with the exception of the mailman and various delivery folks.

No signs, no fence, no gate, dogs always inside, and no ridiculous waving of firearms. We share the house with our daughter's family so there's always 2 - 5 cars in the yard. Maybe it looks too busy?

One way solicitors are kept down in certain area is that have to register at the local government offices in order to go door to door. You put your name on a list & the solicitors are told not to go there. Most people are on the list & it's really cut down on this. Fine for them if they get caught.

But do your cameras keep the sales people and door to door "missionaries" away? That's what I need the sign for... security is a different matter. I could have a dozen cameras and a sign that they're being watched and sales people/missionaries, etc. would still come to the door in that case, I'm pretty sure.
Where I live the Green River Ordinance is in effect to keep solicitors away. People who break this ordinance can be reported to the police. They can be fined for breaking this ordinance. There is a story in town about a salesman going to the police chiefs house to sell him something. The police chief gave him a citation right on the spot. I might worth checking to see if where you live if this can be voted on by the people and the ordinance could become law.

I found one for you, @Myrtle ! It says,
"Before you knock on my door, please note:
This home charges $50.00 per minute to listen to sales pitches and religious messages. This fee is payable in advance. By knocking on my door or ringing my doorbell, you are agreeing to my terms and conditions as stated above. No Soliciting!"

:giggle: :giggle:
Maybe that will keep your pests away.
I was going to suggest something like that, only my price would be much higher. 🤣

Back