Kentucky Derby 2019

Oh, the hats! .... and then there is a horse race too. :)

iu

Nope, disqualified. A scabby win, for a longshot. I'm not happy. I feel very bad for the winner turned disqualifier. My congrats to the winner, but he won't be winning on that horse, again, most likely.

Nope, disqualified. A scabby win, for a longshot. I'm not happy. I feel very bad for the winner turned disqualifier. My congrats to the winner, but he won't be winning on that horse, again, most likely.

Yes, I just saw that!!! :wtf:

So Country House is the winner. :shrug:

How many Country House ticket holders trashed their tickets as soon as the race ended. Experienced fans never trash their tickets until the race is official but then not all in attendance are experienced.

I never was a fan of horses or horse racing. When I was a little kid my old man and my mom would go to the auction pretty regularly. And they would take me along. One night this horse came up for auction and my old man started bidding on it. Before you know it he had bought the thing for 42 bucks. Much to the chagrin of my mother. After all we lived in a residential neighborhood on a lot of about a quarter of an acre. But that was my old man. So out we went to the parking lot of the auction and my old man and the guy he bought the horse from set me up on it. I was about 3 years old at the time. The next thing I know I landed on my butt in the parking lot and the damn horse took off. I remember it hurt like hell and my mother was screaming at my old man and that was the last I ever saw off the horse. I think my old man got his money back. Anyway, that early experience might be why I have never cared much for horses. It's not like I have a mortal fear of them. I had a few of those 10 cent a ride pony rides when I was a kid. But I just don't understand why anyone would want to own a 1,000 lbs. animal that shits six times a day.

That being said, I do like this song:

Back