Kiely Rodni missing girl

chic

SF VIP
kiely.jpg

Kiely Mai Rondi is a 16 year old girl from Truckee CA who went missing from a campground party in the early hours of Aug. 6, 2022. There were 300 teenagers at party, and drunk and stoned pretty much. Kiely was last seen, allegedly, by her friend Sami who was leaving the party at around 12:30 AM. Kiely offered her a ride but Sami refused saying Kiely was too drunk to drive. Kiely had her own car and Sami said she had planned to leave a few minutes but is kind of vague as to whether she left or not. Kiely's mother said she received a text from Kiely around 11:3o PM telling her she would be leaving the party at 12:30. But we do not know if Kiely really sent that text or not. She has not been seen since this party. Her car has disappeared too. Her cell phone last pinged at around 12:35 from Lake Ponser nearby and has been dead since. This is an active missing person's case. Has anyone else been following this?

Hope she didn't accidentally drive into that lake. Sometimes I watch those YouTube guys who search for missing people whose cars went into lakes and rivers, it looks like maybe they've been asked to help.

Hope she didn't accidentally drive into that lake. Sometimes I watch those YouTube guys who search for missing people whose cars went into lakes and rivers, it looks like maybe they've been asked to help.
That's possible, if she ever left the campground at all. This case poses so many questions. :unsure:

I've been doing some reading about this. It seems they've searched the water, and have found nothing.
I'm surprised in a good way with all the searching they've been doing for this young girl.

I hope they find something out soon.

I've been doing some reading about this. It seems they've searched the water, and have found nothing.
I'm surprised in a good way with all the searching they've been doing for this young girl.

I hope they find something out soon.
I hope for the sake of her parents they get closure soon. This reminds me of last year and the Gabby Petito case. Kiely was a gorgeous kid with her whole life ahead of her. I wonder if it was a party prank that went wrong or a crime of convenience because she was so drunk and someone with bad intentions got to her? Kids from out of state attended the party. 300 people is a lot to trace and track.

Update.

Adventures with Purpose a sonar water detection organization arrived in Truckee last night to use their skills on the lake. If anything is in there, they will find it.

And, In another crazy twist, Kiely's best friend Sami Smith who made herself an official spokesperson for / and liason between kids and police, and her family have moved out of the state of CA. It was rumored the family was receiving death threats. They left on Monday.

It's been 2 weeks since Kiely Rodni and her car vanished without a trace.

Sad that she's been there the whole time.
It seems as though LE didn't go quite far enough with their search of the water...

jmo
Adventures with Purpose is becoming world famous for solving cold cases of people who have gone missing. They use a special form of sonar and can detect cars submerged where LE cannot. They've solved 23 cold cases in the past two years alone and provided many families with closure.

I've seen the story on the news. I always just pray these missing young people will be found alive. I didn't see the update about her body being found until I came here. So very sad! I wonder why her best friend and family were receiving death threats. :unsure: Unless I'm missing something, there's nothing any of them could have done. And why didn't the first team that searched the water find her? Were they limited in how deep they could go or how much area they could cover?

Back