Kudos to the Moderation Team of This Forum

Beezer

A tip of the hat to the Mods for having such a light touch in regards to the moderation of this forum.

I came from a site where a regular poster became a new Moderator and started behaving like a tyrant. Many, if not most of the intelligent and engaging participants left the site in droves. For example, one thoughtful poster from Finland wrote in a thread in his native language and the thread was locked. The Mod told him to 'Speak English'.

I defended the gentlemen which got me suspended for 3 weeks (for arguing with a Moderator). Finally I asked to be suspended for 1 year and that was the end of it. I'll try one more time in the Autumn when I'm allowed back...but only if this fascist maniac is no longer a Moderator.

So keep up the good work Mr. Matrix and whoever else assists you! :)

A tip of the hat to the Mods for having such a light touch in regards to the moderation of this forum.

I came from a site where a regular poster became a new Moderator and started behaving like a tyrant. Many, if not most of the intelligent and engaging participants left the site in droves. For example, one thoughtful poster from Finland wrote in a thread in his native language and the thread was locked. The Mod told him to 'Speak English'.

I defended the gentlemen which got me suspended for 3 weeks (for arguing with a Moderator). Finally I asked to be suspended for 1 year and that was the end of it. I'll try one more time in the Autumn when I'm allowed back...but only if this fascist maniac is no longer a Moderator.

So keep up the good work Mr. Matrix and whoever else assists you! :)
@Beezer it may be a Mrs Matrix but yes I agree the moderator/s on here are the best ;)

Why would you return that forum after the mistreatment. Or so it appears that way to me. I'd fly out as fast as I could.

It was a mental health forum which I occasionally used for feedback and support. I have an affliction which I've mentioned before...but I've been doing great now for many months.

I'll still try it again in the Fall as I became fond of many of the regular participants. But only if that one particular Moderator has been given the boot.

All I know is, I have almost have 600 posts and I've never been suspended or censored. This is definitely a record for me as I was used to being scolded and banned from my other forums.

However you do have to know your audience and I think I've toned down my shtick just a bit out of respect for the senior participants of this site.

It's a sad fact that being in a position of power can bring out the worst in people. It's vital that a mod stays impartial, but too often, they allow their own personal opinions to interfere with their neutrality. Basically, their task is to keep discussions civil. So long as a person doesn't use offensive language, everyone should be free to express their opinions without being subjected to ridicule and personal attacks.

This rogue Moderator I was talking about is very deceptive and conniving.

Anyone who questions her authority and decision making gets suspended or the thread gets locked. But then all of the threads get deleted completely with no trace that anyone complained. So the forum looks like it is running smoothly, but there is a huge undercurrent of resentment going on...but any new joiner to that forum would never know.

I mentioned this before. I used the word 'fabulous' in a thread about gay individuals and one of the Moderators accused me of using my white privilege to bash minorities! I'm not making this up! I'm glad I'm taking a long break from that site, but will still miss many of the acquaintances I made.

This rogue Moderator I was talking about is very deceptive and conniving.

Anyone who questions her authority and decision making gets suspended or the thread gets locked. But then all of the threads get deleted completely with no trace that anyone complained. So the forum looks like it is running smoothly, but there is a huge undercurrent of resentment going on...but any new joiner to that forum would never know.

I mentioned this before. I used the word 'fabulous' in a thread about gay individuals and one of the Moderators accused me of using my white privilege to bash minorities! I'm not making this up! I'm glad I'm taking a long break from that site, but will still miss many of the acquaintances I made.
I've been on several forums exactly like that...

Moderator ... Owner and Moderator all in One person . That's all... and @Matrix does a sterling job...
I definitely agree, @Matrix keeps this forum running nicely, and it takes work on his part every day. Unless something changed recently, he is the owner/Administrator and only Moderator. I appreciate all he does to keep this board going all these years. Thanks Matrix.

But then all of the threads get deleted completely with no trace that anyone complained. So the forum looks like it is running smoothly, but there is a huge undercurrent of resentment going on...but any new joiner to that forum would never know.
With a couple computer forums that I admin'd and moderated- most of the banning was for drive by spammers. If a thread needed moderated I would lock it, strike out the offending language, leave the thread or post visible, but would leave a message explaining why that action was necessary.

Another place I occupy recently allowed us to start our own groups-and groups we start we have to moderate.
So I set up one about Wales,another for classic albums and a rugby one.
No problems yet.
i can delete stuff ;)

I'm on another forum, I've recently had a post blocked as it was "Race baiting" (regarding treatment of POC'S in Ukraine) by a new moderator

I then went to the moderator forum, posted as to "Why was it blocked?" That post also was deleted!

I then dm'd a super mod, nothing. So the new mod has become infatuated with power and obviously since I got nothing in response, it's kind of obvious what race that mod favors in Ukraine.

HaHa!

I just checked my old forum with the fascist moderator.

Everyone is leaving in droves from the sight. Many are deleting their Usernames and a lot of the threads are titled "Where is Everyone?"

Good riddance!

I’ve owned and moderated my own private forums And I’m familiar with the challenges inherent.

I started a Facebook group and moderate it, and another I was also asked to moderate. I enjoy the function, but I’m just as happy to be a poster.

All that to say Matrix does a great job here! Other than wishing I could cuss more 😂 (love you Matrix!❤️) I have no complaints!!

Back