Let’s buddy up for weight loss!

Ronni

The motormouth ;)
@Keesha and were talking about becoming weight loss buddies, since we’ve both gained a bit in these last few months, to keep each other accountable and to be a support person and a cheering squad, perhaps with the occasional swift kick when necessary 😉(that applies primarily to me!)

So....this thread is that, for all of us who’d like to buddy up as we struggle with our weight issues. Join @Keesha and me, please!

I’ll start. Gained a few extra pounds this last few months, between my recent California trip and a lot of yummy food and drinks, a glitchy scale, and life being so busy since moving in with Ron (not that it wasn’t busy before, but with all the work on the house it took things to a whole other level of busy. ) I’ve not been paying as close attention as I usually do and those few extra pounds latched on and set up Shop!

Got a new Smart Scale that measures everydamnthing and it links to a phone app that keeps track, so I have zero excuses! which is both exhilarating and annoying 🤬😂

Here we go! This is my Day One!!

A99BAE5A-F797-470F-B94D-C7710BB50C32.jpeg

My initial goal is to get back down to 145.

But over time I need to reduce my body fat percentage to 26, and up my BMR Basal Metabolic Rate rate .. though I’m not sure to what yet. As for the rest of those numbers doing my research to figure out what they mean and how changing them can help me. See, I don’t just want to lose weight...I mean I do, but that’s a sub goal really. What I WANT is to be healthy, and fit, and have endurance, and for me weight loss is one of the first steps to reaching that goal.

Your turn!! 👍

The Buddy up system. That’s awesome Ronni. Great idea.

Even if there’s only the two of us, I have no doubt that we will get our goal accomplished of losing weight and eating better.

Over the last few months I have put on thirty extra pounds that I’m determined to get rid of. The extra weight makes everything more difficult and having a lifestyle with regular scheduled exercises definitely decreases stress.

My plan of action is to stick to a low carb diet. One of fresh steamed vegetables and high protein choices in order to keep my blood sugar low. This will help me drop the fat and water retention. Grains, especially , make us retain a lot of water in order to digest them.

Weigh myself everyday and chart it down here weekly.

Exercise daily. Yoga for stretching; walking for aerobics, and small hand & ankle weights for strength training.

Work on toning skin with skin brushing

Today is the first day working with on this buddy system. My goal is to be approximately 125.

It looks like you have a good plan Ronni. Your new weight scale is cool.

I’m really feeling confident about this and think we work well together.

Hopefully we can inspire others even if they don’t wish to discuss it.

Keesha, do you go to the gym or do you do your workouts at home?

I'm starting off with 5 pound weights. I used to lift more, but I haven't for a while so I need to get back to it slowly or I'll pull something.

Keesha, do you go to the gym or do you do your workouts at home?

I'm starting off with 5 pound weights. I used to lift more, but I haven't for a while so I need to get back to it slowly or I'll pull something.
I used to go to the gym but now I’m too embarrassed to go. 🙃

I’ve been working out at home. I’ve got plenty of equipment. Yes 5 pounds is what I’m starting with.
I’d rather do more reps than go heavier right now.

Once I lose some weight I’ll go to the gym again. 🤭

Day 2

Just a couple of ounces lost but that’s bettter than a gain! No change in the other numbers(didn’t expect one) except for the faintest fluctuation in BMR
303C6ECF-6C7A-4B18-A991-0CD78884F512.jpeg

I’ve been doing some heavy research into interval training. The science behind it is solid. I’ve been toying with possibly following the One And Done Program. Meredith Shirk. Svelte training.

Wishing you both success. I've picked up a couple of pounds since spring and would like to drop them before the holiday eating season is upon me, so I'd like to join in the fun. (As if losing weight were ever fun.)

Am very close to a vegan but avoid most grains except for popcorn - I have to have popcorn! My diet is mostly heavy on vegetables, fruits, some beans, some sweet potatoes, hummus, nuts (including peanut butter), multigrain cakes (like rice cakes) in place of bread. Sounds good, right?

Unfortunately, it's also a bit too heavy on chocolate, cookies, an occasional beer or glass of wine, and other treats.

Not much of an exerciser, I must admit, though I do about 10 minutes of stair climbing every morning. It would be great to get back into a walking routine but I just don't seem to get around to it.

Try using the “military diet.” I know Troopers that went on it prior to their yearly physical and lost anywhere from 8-12 pounds in one week. Pretty drastic, but they made weight and that’s what mattered.

For that matter, 911, we could always try the colonoscopy diet. Plenty of clear liquids in and it seems even more out. Do that for a week - that'd be sure to do the trick. :sick:

:D:D:D

Except, I would worry about dehydration, even with all that crap you have to take to help you pass more than went in.

Nice to have you join us Starsong and any others.
The more the merrier. 🌺

Day 2:

Stuck to diet and stuck to exercise program.
Walked briskly for approximately an hour
Yoga for 25 minutes

Arm weight lifting 🏋️‍♀️ with minimum weight

Results: Feeling good. Strength is increasing. Cravings decreasing and over 2 pound weight loss since Wednesday. Brain fog decreasing. 😁

Day 3

Brisk walk - one hour
Yoga - 25 minutes
No weight training

Weight Loss 3.0 lbs.

The cravings are almost non existent
I’m drinking 1 1/2 to 2 litres of cold water daily
I’m sticking to my low carb but not keto diet

Today I made a zuchinni crust pizza which I undercooked some but it was actually really tasty.
The shredded zuchinni is mixed with mozzerella, Parmesan cheese and almond flour. Arrowroot powder can be substituted.

1 -2 zuchinnis - 2 cups dried in oven for 15 min
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup almond flour or Arrowroot Powder

Combine into ball and roll into pizza shape
Cook for 20 or until middle is cooked and firm
It shouldn’t be mushy

Let pizza crust dry out and cool down completely before adding tomato sauce
Add favourite topping and cook 15 to 20 minutes

This is far better than you’d expect.

Last edited:
You’re losing much faster then I am Keesh. But for right now I’m just happy to have stopped the gain. E10631B8-C271-4DE8-A55C-1732644A18E0.jpeg

I also found a coupon for the One and Done CrossFit type workout so I ordered it for $9 instead of $29!

Exactly. Not gaining any more is a huge relief.
I’m so glad I got new batteries for my weight scale.

I pack on the pounds so easily eating grains of any kind so when I skip them the pounds start dropping off.

It’s so good that you got a workout you are excited about. It makes it so much easier when we enjoy doing this.

Have fun Ronni.

You’re losing much faster then I am Keesh. But for right now I’m just happy to have stopped the gain. View attachment 75174

I also found a coupon for the One and Done CrossFit type workout so I ordered it for $9 instead of $29!

Good Grief! How does a $30 scale do all that!? That looks like some kind of readout that the astronauts would get when they weigh in at their physicals.

Good Grief! How does a $30 scale do all that!? That looks like some kind of readout that the astronauts would get when they weigh in at their physicals.
I know right?!?!

I have no idea how it’s done. But I have verified several of the measurements against reliable sources (my doctor, gym/personal trainer o do) and they’ve all correlated. It seems completely legit!! And for the price you just can’t beat it!!

And honestly even if it’s biggest claim to fame was its ability to link to my phone so that I don’t have to bother anymore with making a note elsewhere of my current weight, that alone is worth it to me!!

I've been RV camping in the Eastern Sierras for the past few days. Walking a lot, avoiding sweets completely, but no idea about weight because my RV scale's batteries are dead, and they're button batteries so no backups. (I keep a scale in the RV because sometimes we go out for a month at a time, which is far too long for me to lose track of my weight.)

Ronnie, kudos on your losses. I've been eating some of the pizza and calzones that I made last Sunday, but am otherwise eating reasonably. Most folks associate burgers, steaks and meats with camping, but for us it's all about the homemade pizza! Pepperoni, sausage or pastrami pizzas are for my daughter and her family and go home to their freezer. ( DH and I suspend the dairy part of eating vegan for pizza, but not the meat part.)

Pizza!.jpg

Omg this looks amazing!!

I will definitely try this! Do you know what the calorie count is? At least for the crust.
Thanks Ronni. It was very undercooked. Starsongs looks soooo much better than mine but I’m celiac so can’t eat wheat.

Here is the link to the zucchini crust. It doesn’t say how many calories. I don’t really worry so much about the calories as much as I do about just having it grain free. If I eat low carb grain free, the weight drops off me.

The biggest tip to making this crust is to cook it thoroughly and dry out some before adding the toppings. Then you slip it back in the oven to cook the toppings. I didn’t cook my toppings for long enough.

Hey starsong? What do you use as a cheese replacement? Yours looks amaaaaszing!!!!🤤

Thanks Ronni. It was very undercooked. Starsongs looks soooo much better than mine but I’m celiac so can’t eat wheat.

Here is the link to the zucchini crust. It doesn’t say how many calories. I don’t really worry so much about the calories as much as I do about just having it grain free. If I eat low carb grain free, the weight drops off me.

The biggest tip to making this crust is to cook it thoroughly and dry out some before adding the toppings. Then you slip it back in the oven to cook the toppings. I didn’t cook my toppings for long enough.

Hey starsong? What do you use as a cheese replacement? Yours looks amaaaaszing!!!!🤤

@Keesha You forgot to include the link to the zucchini crust! (LOL - I do that all the time, especially when it comes to email attachments!)

For cheese I use (wait for it) good quality, full fat, real dairy mozzarella. IMHO vegan cheeses available for retail purchase are lower than substandard, especially on pizza. I've tried a bunch of them (daiya included) and have yet to find any that suits my taste. Pizza is one of the very few foods I eat that contains dairy, and I don't eat it very often. Maybe once every 2-3 weeks.

I don't overload pizzas with cheese. The pictured pies are roughly 15" in diameter have about 5-1/2 oz. of cheese per pie. I weigh the cheese to keep from having too heavy a hand with it. Like most foods, good pizza is about balancing quality ingredients: homemade sauce, good cheese, quality toppings and the right amount of spices.

When making pizza I virtually always do a marathon (that particular day I used 20 doughs, yielding 17 pizzas and probably 15 calzones), the aim being to stock my and my daughter's family's freezer for a while. If I'm spending an hour preheating my oven and pizza stones to 550 degrees, and going through the all the dough, sauce and topping steps, I make it worth my while. Plus I really like making pizza!

I have a DIL who is highly sensitive to dairy, plus a son and DIL who are fairly rigid vegans. When they're here for pizza I make them some non-dairy pies.

Back