Lets talk about favorite snacks

Marie5656

I am always looking for interesting and different things to snack on. The store bought kind. Be they healthy or not. My latest favorite are these packaged roasted chestnuts. I only have found them at Wegmans, but when looking for an image, found they are sold at Amazon. I mean, my go to chestnut are the "fresh" ones available in the fall, for roasting. But, I love these in between times. Do you have something you always like to keep on hand?

CHESTNUTS.jpg

I don't buy them too often, but I like the Vinegar & Salt potato chips. I get the lower fat version if possible. My most favorite is fattening, ice cream like Baskin Robbins or Breyers.

25113-img.png

Salt & Pepper pistachios in the shell.

Hunts sugar free pudding cups.

Animal crackers.

A bowl of cereal with almond milk.

Breyers carb smart vanilla ice cream.

Saltines with peanut butter.

Toast.

Dutch Maid butter ring cookies from the $tore.

I try to stick to the simplest things like a slice of toast or a bowl of cereal.

I can still hear my mother’s voice saying if you don’t want a slice of toast and a glass of milk then you’re not really hungry.😊

Last edited:
Some of my go-to snacks:

Mixed nuts (I mix a jar of salted nuts with an equal amount of unsalted)
Pistachios (same process as above)
Saltines - either plain or with a little PB and/or jam
Unsalted pretzels (Sprouts' bulk food) with hummus or mustard
Freshly popped popcorn

@Ruth n Jersey, I didn't know dyed pistachios still existed! Haven't seen them in many years.

My favorite snack is cake. I try to stay away from that. The other day I was looking at a snack cake display. There was this wonderful looking pound cake with icing. I could have inhaled that, so if I was in a different frame of mind, I'd have bought four, but I picked it up looked it over and put it back. I've thought about it every day since.

Back