Life, Death....then life again

No, but sometimes I feel envious of people who have. That sounds silly, because of course to have one, you'd have to almost die and no one wants that, not me anyway.

Reason is, that as you get older, the more you dread the thought of this life ending. So wouldn't it be great to know there is something more? I'm not a religious person, I'm more of an agnostic. They way I see it, is no one can know. I'd love to know that there is, but I can't know.

Has anyone ever had an OBE (out of body experience)

Certainly not.

or NDE (near death experience)?

Depends. I’ve had close calls where unless I handled my business I could very well wind up dead. But since I did what was necessary my lines never flattened out. Phew! Very glad about that but there wasn’t any outside help. More like accepting and instantly acting on everything required as that was presented to me .. not by something or someone else. Just fully embracing and submitting to the necessity of willing, seeing each detail fulfilled. Not just me carrying out my plan. That couldn’t work. But neither would it work to stand back from the doing what was needed. Realizing I was on a skateboard going way too fast to slow down in any way but to step off, run and roll out from that skateboard going 30 - 40 mph north down the steep side of Devil’s Slide on highway one into Pacifica. It had to be done. Shouldn’t have gotten so tired going down that road twice to the South. Didn’t realize it until it was too late.

I was fine. It wasn’t a miracle. There was no intercession but no way could I have done it if I hadn’t been in the right frame of mind. It wasn’t a question of personal power or skill. I didn’t have it. But I was willing to do it or go down trying. I trusted that every instinct and realization was golden. No doubts .. there wasn’t time. Whatever it was, it informs my understanding of what has given rise to God belief and supports it still (even though I have no reason to think of that as a being apart from everything else.

Last edited:
I have had out of body experiences; it had interested me in the past. I think that in times when the body is in such high physical pain the spirit can disengage from the body. Like in operating rooms when the body goes into such high pain that the spirit leaves for a while and comes back. I think the anesthesia that is given the patent helps the patent not to feel the pain, but the pain is still there and overwhelms the body. I believe that psychological pains and stress can do the same to the physical body and take the spirit into out of body experiences.

I have had out of body experiences; it had interested me in the past. I think that in times when the body is in such high physical pain the spirit can disengage from the body. Like in operating rooms when the body goes into such high pain that the spirit leaves for a while and comes back. I think the anesthesia that is given the patent helps the patent not to feel the pain, but the pain is still there and overwhelms the body. I believe that psychological pains and stress can do the same to the physical body and take the spirit into out of body experiences.

I have experienced this type OBE a few times in my life. Either physical pain or an emotional breakdown, I have had long periods of "reconnecting" with this present world. The first time it happened I accepted Jesus as my Savior. That lasted about 7years. Then the next time , I became a monk, which lasted 30 years, then I became a cast away because of a crippling disease. The way I see it is that when you disconnect with this world no matter for what cause/reason it usually changes your life around. It certainly has given me very different takes on what this world/life truly "IS". :)

A close relative "died" on two separate occasions, on the operating table. They said it was wonderful, and they were disappointed when they were brought back to life. However, that person loves life more than most people do.

Back