Like pizza? Favorite toppings?

Marie5656

Do you like pizza? What are favorite toppings. I had a pizza craving this evening, and ordered delivery. Have a nice, local (non chain) place that I order from.
I do not go for the oddball toppings like pineapple or anything. Though, to each their own. Sometimes I go basic...cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms. For tonight's pizza I added bacon, because I could. Sometimes I will go all out, add sausage, black olives or green pepper. Do not like onions, or spicy stuff, so a no go there. Though, when Rick was around I would do onions and hot peppers on half. 'I usually eat my fill, then separate the slices into freezer bags, and freeze for later.

Do you like pizza? What are favorite toppings. I had a pizza craving this evening, and ordered delivery. Have a nice, local (non chain) place that I order from.
I do not go for the oddball toppings like pineapple or anything. Though, to each their own. Sometimes I go basic...cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms. For tonight's pizza I added bacon, because I could. Sometimes I will go all out, add sausage, black olives or green pepper. Do not like onions, or spicy stuff, so a no go there. Though, when Rick was around I would do onions and hot peppers on half. 'I usually eat my fill, then separate the slices into freezer bags, and freeze for later.

I love a good pizza and sorry Marie5656, I am Australian - have to have pineapple:D. Fave topping:lots of cheese, anchovies, onions, jalapeno, maybe some prosciutto...yum!

I love pizza. I loved when my son took me shopping and we'd have lunch at a pizza parlor that was in the strip mall with Dollar Tree and Big Lots. Haven't done that since COVID started. Now I keep my own pizza making ingredients in the house. I use 1/2 piece of Stonefire Naan bread. I prefer the white but all I have now is the wheat (keep it in the freezer). I use Francesco Rinaldi sauce, dried basil, mozzarella or Caribe queso. Sometimes I'll add the tiniest pieces of frozen broccoli florets that are left at the bottom of the bag.
20201007_135106.jpg

We like NY style pizza and three are a couple of good local pizzerias near us that deliver or have take out, never order from the chains. We usually like regular cheese only, once in a blue moon we'll get pepperoni, sausage, bacon, mushrooms or onion. Neither of us like pineapple at all on pizza.

There is no bad pizza, but if I have to pick one it is Sicilian. The crust is light and crispy with the usual tomato and cheese but baked with loads of peanut oil, at least locally. A verbal description is inadequate. Got to try it.

I enjoy most any combination of the traditional pizza toppings in small amounts on a thin crust that I can pick up and fold.

No loaded garbage or sweep the floor pizzas for me!
I like a thin crust too with pepperoni or Canadian bacon, mushrooms, olives, cheese. Not too loaded down.

Best pizza I ever had was in Izmir, Turkey, many years ago when my husband was stationed there in the Army. I have no idea what they did to make it so good.

I can't say I have ever had bad pizza. Some pizzas are less wonderful than others. I like to keep toppings minimal, maybe sausage or spinach, not both.

When I lived in New York I used to go to a place that had a spaghetti topping. Sounds weird but it was really good. Another favorite was the white pizza.

Now I usually have my pizza with thin crust, pepperoni, onion, green peppers, extra cheese.
I still get a craving sometimes for the pizza's I use to eat in Naples, Italy many, many years ago during our port visits while in the Navy.

Probably not really considered a pizza, (due to not having a traditional sauce ),
but I enjoy a Breakfast pizza with bacon, sausage and eggs now and again.

I enjoy eggs and find an egg on top, is my go-to burger now.

Sunday treats are eggs benedict with a couple of Mimosas.

( probably this needed to go in the egg thread, but what the heck ):oops:

I usually stick w/pepperoni and olives.

Or, if I'm feeling really adventurous lol I'll get 1/2 pepperoni and1/2 ham and pineapple.
And sprinkle some red pepper flakes on it. Or dip it in ranch dressing.

Back