Lily Ann will be 2 yrs. old on April 1st!

PamfromTx

SF VIP
The youngest g-niece will be two years of age on April 1st. I hope we are able to travel by then (even though I doubt it) to celebrate with her. She is my precious baby girl and I love her so. Ordered her a couple of things from Amazon yesterday; told her grandma to hide them til her birthday. Thought I'd order just in case we aren't able to travel. In the meantime, I went to Marshall's and TJMaxx to look for other cute jammies and a birthday dress. Amazon did not have the birthday dress I wanted in her size. Drats. Will let her mother get that for her. Lily Ann is into 'Trolls' if you can believe that a child that young knows her cartoon characters. 56616274_1678317002271381_4813028454561742848_n.jpg

Ugggh, I just found out that her and her 3 year old sister have been signed up for day care starting this THURSDAY. The daycare is affiliated with the town's college and is finally opening their doors since shutting it down due to Covid-19. I don't feel so good about this idea.

@DaveA, Lily is quite a firecracker; loud and hyper. lol Approaching the Terrible Twos!

The youngest g-niece will be two years of age on April 1st. I hope we are able to travel by then (even though I doubt it) to celebrate with her. She is my precious baby girl and I love her so. Ordered her a couple of things from Amazon yesterday; told her grandma to hide them til her birthday. Thought I'd order just in case we aren't able to travel. In the meantime, I went to Marshall's and TJMaxx to look for other cute jammies and a birthday dress. Amazon did not have the birthday dress I wanted in her size. Drats. Will let her mother get that for her. Lily Ann is into 'Trolls' if you can believe that a child that young knows her cartoon characters. View attachment 153925
She's Aunt Pam's sweetie.

Ugggh, I just found out that her and her 3 year old sister have been signed up for day care starting this THURSDAY. The daycare is affiliated with the town's college and is finally opening their doors since shutting it down due to Covid-19. I don't feel so good about this idea.

@DaveA, Lily is quite a firecracker; loud and hyper. lol Approaching the Terrible Twos!
My former foster son, Collin, has been going to in-person pre-school for a couple of months now, and he spends 3 or 4 weekends with me every month. Plus, the 2 g-kids who spend lots of time here will go back to school classrooms in August. This is the main reason I went in for the covid vaccines.

Well, geeeze, I ordered her a pink trike bike just yesterday afternoon and there was one on their front door earlier this evening. My niece and sister were confused at the promptness. They finally figured out that if it was from Amazon ... it would be in an AMAZON box. It wasn't the one I ordered. Someone left it there and they don't know who! So, I have to cancel my order tonight (before I forget).

Early Happy Birthday to sweet Lily Ann. 🌷
Thank you @SeaBreeze .... I hope her mother makes it a special day for this baby girl that was born on April Fool's Day. She's been in her Terrible Twos for a couple of months. My sister was telling me that she likes to color. They have some sort of cleanser that removes the marks though. And they do scold her and her older sister. My sister said she looked under the kitchen table and it was scribbled all over. It is never ending.

You have to be constantly watching those two. I feel sorry for the babysitter (my brother-in-law)! lol My sister refuses to retire from the public library and the girl's mommy is an educator.

I guess Daycare is out of the question. They won't take toddlers who are not potty trained. Lily isn't yet; she refuses to get potty trained. And they don't allow her to drink a bottle. So, Grandpa will continue to babysit.

What a sweet little girl. I love my 2 grandsons but boys clothes are so boring. Pants are pants and shirts are shirts. I love looking at all the little girls dresses but these days once they hit their teens they all seem to end up in torn jeans anyway.
Enjoy those frilly little dresses while you can and wishing Lily Ann a very happy birthday. I hope you get to celebrate with her.

What a sweet little girl. I love my 2 grandsons but boys clothes are so boring. Pants are pants and shirts are shirts. I love looking at all the little girls dresses but these days once they hit their teens they all seem to end up in torn jeans anyway.
Enjoy those frilly little dresses while you can and wishing Lily Ann a very happy birthday. I hope you get to celebrate with her.
I love pretty, frilly dresses too (for them, that is). But, they are always wearing little jeans/pants with sweatshirts and/or t-shirts.

My two wittle g-nieces have strep throat. Lily is sicker than Lucy. But, the cute thing is that when they were dismissed by the doctor, both chimed in, "Thank you." Awwwwwwwwww, so sweet.

@PamfromTx , your G- niece is beautiful! She looks so familiar to me, like a movie star or a TV personality.

It took me awhile of wondering then, I decided maybe she reminds me of the famous TV chef Pati Jinich the the old PBS cooking show "Pati’s Mexican Table". I've see her on Food TV as well.

I may be wrong.... has anyone ever said your niece looks like someone famous?
View attachment 156991The girls mommy, my niece S.

Jinich_portrait_Butow-1024x640.jpg

https://patijinich.com/

@PamfromTx , your G- niece is beautiful! She looks so familiar to me, like a movie star or a TV personality.

It took me awhile of wondering then, I decided maybe she reminds me of the famous TV chef Pati Jinich the the old PBS cooking show "Pati’s Mexican Table". I've see her on Food TV as well.

I may be wrong.... has anyone ever said your niece looks like someone famous?

Jinich_portrait_Butow-1024x640.jpg

https://patijinich.com/
That is my niece, S. She's never been told she resembles anyone famous. I think she is an awesome woman. Thank you!

First day of daycare for them (today). Hope Lily did well and didn't cry. Due to being overly protected for a year now, both girls tend to shy away and are terrified of people. I'm sure in time they will get use to being amongst other children/adults.

Back