Little girls, and their jump rope thing

I remember girls at school would play jump rope. As they jumped rope, they would sing song these verses that I never could figure out. When I asked what they were, it was like it was a girls only thing. They wouldn't say. I got the feeling it was to figure out whom to marry? Now is the time to open up. What were those girls singing as they jumped rope many years ago?

So many, in fact, too many. Here are just a few...

https://www.care.com/c/stories/3968/11-catchy-jump-rope-rhymes/

Nothing serious about them, just a little added fun and interest to jump rope.

Boys weren't allowed to skip with us, though we did occasionally allow them to jump in and give it a try, but jump rope was a girls thing for the most part. Most boys wouldn't have been caught dead skipping with us back in the day anyhow. Times were different.

I remember girls at school would play jump rope. As they jumped rope, they would sing song these verses that I never could figure out. When I asked what they were, it was like it was a girls only thing. They wouldn't say. I got the feeling it was to figure out whom to marry? Now is the time to open up. What were those girls singing as they jumped rope many years ago?
I love coffee, I love tea, I love the boys and the boys love me .. 1,2,3,4, (fast skipping) :)

Boys weren't allowed to skip with us, though we did occasionally allow them to jump in and give it a try, but jump rope was a girls thing for the most part. Most boys wouldn't have been caught dead skipping with us back in the day anyhow. Times were different.
I wouldn't be caught dead because I never "mastered" the art of jumping rope ... or keeping the hula hoop from dropping ... or making a yo-yo come back up ... or riding a two-wheel bike before age 9.

Yet I played a whole lotta football and baseball.

Go figure.

I wouldn't be caught dead because I never "mastered" the art of jumping rope ... or keeping the hula hoop from dropping ... or making a yo-yo come back up ... or riding a two-wheel bike before age 9.

Yet I played a whole lotta football and baseball.

Go figure.
LOL, Damaged!

Generally speaking, it's got to be a girl thing, and I mean that with utmost respect... our wider hips, trimmer waists, yada-yada.

One thing I always wanted to learn was how to skip like a boxer. My husband learned how to when he was in junior-high. A friend of his who boxed professionally taught him, and is it ever amazing to watch. He does crossovers, doubles, even triples, and he says nothing beats the workout.

I believe it about you ability to excel in football and baseball. I'm a firm-believer in the idea that we all have our won strengths and weaknesses when it comes to certain things.

Back