Living alone has it's drawbacks

I have everything correct on this list...including the night lights at the top and bottom of the stairs ..the only thing I don't have is the ability to have items stored in cupboards at waist level ?.. who does ?.. mostly you have to reach up to a kitchen cupboard or lean down..

https://www.cdc.gov/steadi/pdf/STEADI-Brochure-CheckForSafety-508.pdf

Some senior apartments use a door hanger.
im-ok-maintenance-door-hanger-tg-0988.png

The person turns the tag morning and night by a certain time.
A volunteer walks the halls and knocks on any door where the tag hasn't been turned.
If there is no answer the volunteer has the apartment manager do a welfare check.

IMO the feeling of care and concern they create in a senior community is more important than the tag itself.
THAT is a great system. It places the onus on the individual to do something simple, like go and open the door, and make sure the door hanger is showing "I am OK ". With a daily check by a volunteer, the problem situation will be recognized quickly. Bravo. JimB.

My apartment was designed for a disabled tenant and I have done my best to keep it open as much as possible. I realize though the one thing that prevents falls for me is always having my walker with me wherever I go. The other thing would be not to wear slippers with the open front as the sole part gets caught under rugs or mats. That is my preferred slipper but had to stop wearing them. I have never fallen yet but am super careful.

the only thing I don't have is the ability to have items stored in cupboards at waist level ?
This just reminded me of something. Years back after my mother died and my father was living alone,
during one of my every 4-6 month visits I noticed that his kitchen counters were very cluttered. I asked him if it was ok if I reorganized the cabinets, tossed some things to make room for everything.
He said his shoulders hurt and he could not lift them to get things. Everything he routinely used was on the counters for easy access. I bought some wire shelves meant for cabinets so there was some organization, and he still did not have to raise his arms.

yes it's a concern if you live alone.. you may want to get a personal alarm..such as this..

https://livelifealarms.com.au/

do a little research there's quite a few options...
What about Alexis that remote persona?
If Elon could develope a bathroom alarm system to be able by voice to call 911 for you or any setup numbers to fish through to connect you to a live person asap as in a SOS emergency ideal would be a big business for someone with a view to baby boomers multiplying toward seniors would sure be a huge gain for this set of problems.
It sure would help can someone call ELON ASAP on this matter
I bet he could tick this idea off within minutes
That is my idea if only I could figure out all of the details.

Have we become a disconnected society? Is this why we are in this situation that some of us have no one checking in on us. Very sad. And who are we not checking in on, that we should be?

Back