Living alone, single or not, is not happening anymore for me.

fancicoffee13

I and a gentleman are enjoying going places, doing things for each other, and just not being lonely anymore. It is a benefit, sharing with each other, and a sigh of relief sort of. Just knowing you are not alone and being able to get together and be there for each other is a relief and enjoyable. He knows things I don't and helps me, and I can help him in ways I want to and it is great.

I and a gentleman are enjoying going places, doing things for each other, and just not being lonely anymore. It is a benefit, sharing with each other, and a sigh of relief sort of. Just knowing you are not alone and being able to get together and be there for each other is a relief and enjoyable. He knows things I don't and helps me, and I can help him in ways I want to and it is great.

Sounds like a terrific arrangement, FC. Glad you've found someone to spend some time with.

I'm glad you've found someone to share things with. I just hope it's genuine and you are not desperately clinging to each other just for the sake of having someone.

Way to go, FC13! I hope your arrangement goes well. Always keep those lines of communication open, and never take each other, or your relationship, for granted. Good relationships take constant tweaking.

Now how in the world did that happen!
You must tell, I for one would love the details. Honestly
The details are: I had lived alone successfully and happily for about 4 years. I had prayed and asked for a husband but said I would be happy if He didn't want me to have a husband. Tom came into my life, he lived in the apartment building I did. I talked with him just as I do my other neighbors. He came over more often than I expected and he is quite a talker and so am I. We enjoyed each others company so much, I invited him in for a glass of tea. And I had dogs, he had dogs. After 4-5 months he popped the question. I said yes. The rest is history. Of course, we had the discussion about our passed spouses and us being seniors-the inevitability of our handicaps. We had both been caregivers. So, we got married. And very happy we are 2 yrs. later!

The details are: I had lived alone successfully and happily for about 4 years. I had prayed and asked for a husband but said I would be happy if He didn't want me to have a husband. Tom came into my life, he lived in the apartment building I did. I talked with him just as I do my other neighbors. He came over more often than I expected and he is quite a talker and so am I. We enjoyed each others company so much, I invited him in for a glass of tea. And I had dogs, he had dogs. After 4-5 months he popped the question. I said yes. The rest is history. Of course, we had the discussion about our passed spouses and us being seniors-the inevitability of our handicaps. We had both been caregivers. So, we got married. And very happy we are 2 yrs. later!
I am so very happy for you. It certainly does seem like you are both very happy and enjoying your life together.

I have often wondered what it would be like to have a mans steady presence in my life as I am aging. I have been divorced for many a decade now and have had several men in my life over that time period. None of which I thought of marrying. I don't even think now I would go down the aisle again, but having that male companionship late in life to share not only intimacy with, but travel, caring for one another and just plain friendship does sound somewhat appealing.

Congratulations for your lovely comment. Sure beats all those other "I'm Finished With Men" that I see too many of. How can you be finished with love is beyond my understanding. You can be finished with work, travel, gardening but love! Never!

Congratulations for your lovely comment. Sure beats all those other "I'm Finished With Men" that I see too many of. How can you be finished with love is beyond my understanding. You can be finished with work, travel, gardening but love! Never!
Maybe their experiences bring them to these conclusions. I leave well enough alone and just accept the fact that they are done, and really done! Judgement is left well enough alone. Really, because if you only knew, you wouldn't want to know-sometimes.

That's a beautiful story and sounds like you were meant for each other. Congratulations even though I'm late with it.

Very happy for you! We all deserve to find our soulmates!

Think its just nice to have someone to act as a sounding board for a person's ideas. Have a longtime male friend, who is single, and calls me up every couple days or so just to "talk". He often asks my advice on things.

Everybody needs somebody to have as a "buddy". Keeps the lonesome feelings at bay and helps expand the mind.

Think of all the fun you can have with the money you're not spending on 2 apartments.
Excellent comment; especially now with hyper-inflation in the cost of living and the cost of accommodation going up and up and up. Simple case: Lady pays $1500 rent/month; Gentleman pays $1500 rent/month. Total = $3,000 rent/month.

Now the lady and gentleman move in together and the rent is $1,500/month. That is a saving of $18,000/year! WOW! What do the lady and the gentleman do with the windfall? Get drunk? Go on a cruise? Spend the winter in Mexico? Buy a motorcycle and do Route 66? Probably all of this and maybe more over the next 2 or 3 years. Seems to me, that life just got better for 1 lady and 1 gentleman that decided to move in together rather than being alone.

Oh, There are MEN but I think my life plan (preplanned) now is to be alone.
I must toughen up because the years ahead will be hard I can do this.
Any man in my life would have to be pretty incredible and I refuse to settle
for a lesser man. I could only live with a man I honor and respect completely.
But, for those who have chosen to do this to combat being lonely I think it's wonderful.

Excellent comment; especially now with hyper-inflation in the cost of living and the cost of accommodation going up and up and up. Simple case: Lady pays $1500 rent/month; Gentleman pays $1500 rent/month. Total = $3,000 rent/month.

Now the lady and gentleman move in together and the rent is $1,500/month. That is a saving of $18,000/year! WOW! What do the lady and the gentleman do with the windfall? Get drunk? Go on a cruise? Spend the winter in Mexico? Buy a motorcycle and do Route 66? Probably all of this and maybe more over the next 2 or 3 years. Seems to me, that life just got better for 1 lady and 1 gentleman that decided to move in together rather than being alone.
That is not why we got married. It makes it easier to save, give back, spend on the car if need be, spend on medical needs, etc.

Back