Liz Taylor's Rolls Royce 'Green Goddess' For Sale

JustBonee

SF VIP
Going to auction in August and said to probably sell for at least $3.5 Million. It was the longest love of her life. She had the convertible for 20 years.

elizabeth-taylor-iconic-green-rolls-royce-1-1170x729.jpg

https://luxurylaunches.com/auctions...urs-for-an-estimated-price-of-3-5-million.php

I've seen plenty Rolls Royce cars as you can imagine , gievn that it's an English car... but I've never seen that colour , very different, and aside from being owned by LT.. likely to sell for a lot more than a Normal Roller would......

I've seen plenty Rolls Royce cars as you can imagine , gievn that it's an English car... but I've never seen that colour , very different, and aside from being owned by LT.. likely to sell for a lot more than a Normal Roller would......

Holly....I would imagine that when anyone orders a Rolls, they have many options to choose from, including several choices of colors. For some reason, I can imagine seeing Liz in this car with her white mink and diamonds galore. She loved diamonds.

Holly....I would imagine that when anyone orders a Rolls, they have many options to choose from, including several choices of colors. For some reason, I can imagine seeing Liz in this car with her white mink and diamonds galore. She loved diamonds.
You're absolutely right, you can choose any colour you want, but if you choose an unusual colour it takes a little longer for it to arrive... . yes I know about Liz and her diamonds, she was famous for those , ..her marriages and her violet eyes...

You did know she was British didn't you? ;)

You could say that the Car's colour was "Taylor Made"!:cool:

Screen siren Taylor commissioned the stunning car in 1960 and requested the colour in 'smoke green' to match the wedding dress she wore a year earlier at her marriage to singer Eddie Fisher.

16021468-7245499-image-a-3_1563094483593.jpg

Dress to impress: Taylor commissioned her new Rolls-Royce in the same colour as her gown

Last edited:
I remember at the time, she had Debbie Reynolds fans very upset with her.

Elizabeth-Taylor-RRSCII-by-Ken-Heyman.jpg
Yes I don't think many people forgave her over Eddie Fisher, especially as it seemed she'd not only broken the family up for love but just because she could... she soon moved on from him and left debbie and the kids without a husband and father (ultimately tho' , she probably did debbie a huge favour )!!

Years ago, we were living in California and in Fisherman's Wharf for dinner and a walk and saw Liz in a "white Rolls Corniche convertible with her white little dog "Sugar". They were driving down the street and she was waving to fans. What a beautiful picture that made! Wish we had someone that could even come up to her earrings!

You could say that the Car's colour was "Taylor Made"!:cool:

Screen siren Taylor commissioned the stunning car in 1960 and requested the colour in 'smoke green' to match the wedding dress she wore a year earlier at her marriage to singer Eddie Fisher.

16021468-7245499-image-a-3_1563094483593.jpg

Dress to impress: Taylor commissioned her new Rolls-Royce in the same colour as her gown

I have to say, for such a high-end car those wooden tray tables or whatever the heck they are (on the seat backs) look totally cheesy. Sort of like a 2-day custom job. :D

I have to say, for such a high-end car those wooden tray tables or whatever the heck they are (on the seat backs) look totally cheesy. Sort of like a 2-day custom job. :D
We had a 1968 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud and had the same tray tables in the back. Think they were made from spur burled walnut. Trust me they weren't cheap. One day I was driving the car on I-10 around Biloxi and the trees seemed to be going by fast. Looked down at the speedometer and it said slightly over 100 mph. You would never have known you were going that fast. It was solid and quiet... like riding in a sofa.
Got the chauffeur's manual out (the Rolls had two manuals - one for the owner and the other for the chauffeur), wanted to see how much horsepower it had and it said under horsepower: "sufficient".

We had a 1968 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud and had the same tray tables in the back. Think they were made from spur burled walnut. Trust me they weren't cheap. One day I was driving the car on I-10 around Biloxi and the trees seemed to be going by fast. Looked down at the speedometer and it said slightly over 100 mph. You would never have known you were going that fast. It was solid and quiet... like riding in a sofa.
Got the chauffeur's manual out (the Rolls had two manuals - one for the owner and the other for the chauffeur), wanted to see how much horsepower it had and it said under horsepower: "sufficient".
LOL. From the picture posted, those could be plywood with cheap kitchen drawer pulls.

LOL. From the picture posted, those could be plywood with cheap kitchen drawer pulls.
I assure you, if you would have ridden in the back of the Rolls and dropped the tray down you would have known the difference...lol.
The wood was beautiful. Guess it was the same walnut as on the dashboard.

Back