Lizzie Borden

I don't believe the state of MA wants this case solved because it's a huge tourist draw. The Borden house still exists and is now a Bed and Breakfast of all things. But it's fun to speculate.
Cynical though that sounds, I get the feeling that you might be right. Reason is, The London Tourist Office has maps of many interesting walks around our capital city. You won't be surprised to learn, that the walk that takes in the places, of those murders by Jack the Ripper, still draw a great deal of interest. Like The State of Massachusetts, London is still dining out on the notoriety of those murders.

I agree with you Chic, that it was the uncle, why else would he have
the street car drivers id number, I had a bus drivers badge I couldn't
remember my own number, never mind another persons!

Never judge a book by the cover Aunt Marg, you might be right but
there was no evidence.

Mike.
Indeed, the ID # thing is cause for speculation for sure. Very odd.

Cynical though that sounds, I get the feeling that you might be right. Reason is, The London Tourist Office has maps of many interesting walks around our capital city. You won't be surprised to learn, that the walk that takes in the places, of those murders by Jack the Ripper, still draw a great deal of interest. Like The State of Massachusetts, London is still dining out on the notoriety of those murders.
Yes. It's ghoulish but very likely true.

Indeed, the ID # thing is cause for speculation for sure. Very odd.
I know. He knew the streetcar number, the conductor's number like he was setting up an alibi for himself ahead of time. And, I've learned Lizzie was a small woman and probably might not have been physically able to commit these murders.

Strangely, a week before Lizzie's trial began, another axe murder similar to that which killed Lizzie's parents took place in Fall River killing a housewife. The murderer was caught. He was a Portuguese immigrant who had only been in the area for a couple of months so he couldn't have killed the Bordens.

I'm just trying to throw reasonable on this case and I think that does exist. How terrible if she suffered ostracism in her own home town for a murder she didn't commit. But she could have left, gone to Europe, changed her name.

Yup. The state of MA is also eating at the Salem witchraft table, not to mention any place where there is a whiff of ghoulies and ghosties. And long-leggedy beasties.

I know. He knew the streetcar number, the conductor's number like he was setting up an alibi for himself ahead of time. And, I've learned Lizzie was a small woman and probably might not have been physically able to commit these murders.

Strangely, a week before Lizzie's trial began, another axe murder similar to that which killed Lizzie's parents took place in Fall River killing a housewife. The murderer was caught. He was a Portuguese immigrant who had only been in the area for a couple of months so he couldn't have killed the Bordens.

I'm just trying to throw reasonable on this case and I think that does exist. How terrible if she suffered ostracism in her own home town for a murder she didn't commit. But she could have left, gone to Europe, changed her name.
One thing I cannot stop thinking about is the level of composure one would need to harvest after carrying-out such a sickening murder. Hard to imagine Lizzie, wouldn't have been displaying signs of agitation, anxiety, distress, even physical shaking, etc, when authorities showed up after being summoned to the crime.

I cannot fathom how anyone could hide such evil within, and for that reason I carry a sliver of doubt in me as to Lizzie being the murderer, but there are many demented individuals that darken this world today, so I can only surmise that the same demented nature existed back in the day, too.

I think that the uncle made a mistake in quoting the
drivers id number, the driver up-front and remote,
but the conductor/conductress is there among the
passengers and that number is readily available, so
I can think of nobody else who could have done such
an evil crime.

PSV Badge Number.jpg

This is a driver's badge that must be worn at all times,
the conductor had a green one, ironically my initials are
MM.

Mike.
P.S. That badge is no longer required to be worn here, I
didn't mention that these were a requirement in the 1960s.

Last edited:

Back