Local Peaches

Pecos

South Carolina has the best local peaches (Sorry Georgia) and now this season's crop is coming to an end. A South Carolina peach with good vanilla ice cream is pretty close to heaven in my view. Fortunately, we are starting to get in some fine pears, but they are no match for our own peaches. I will add that our local blueberries and cantaloupe get an honorable mention.

So what great produce does your area have?

South Carolina has the best local peaches (Sorry Georgia) and now this season's crop is coming to an end. A South Carolina peach with good vanilla ice cream is pretty close to heaven in my view. Fortunately, we are starting to get in some fine pears, but they are no match for our own peaches. I will add that our local blueberries and cantaloupe get an honorable mention.

So what great produce does your area have?

Sounds delicious!

The area where I live is known for apples and apple products but we have all sorts of great local produce.

This is one of the local orchards that has grown and diversified over the years but we also have many family-sized or mom and pop orchards.

http://beakandskiff.com/about/
What a nice place, Bea.

Did you know they distill their own vodka and gin?

CT has Lyman's Orchards among others but that place became mammoth, has a golf course, kiddie rides... I would never go there now. Roger's Orchards kept the old timey flavor. I don't care for apples, though, lol.

We have all sorts of produce grown here in Ohio but I find the stores ship them in from all over. I had some really good avocados recently!

Back