Loneliness

We thought of selling and renting..do you like renting?
There's only one good aspect of renting (IMO), and that's being in the town you're going to buy your place (and even that is arguable)
Otherwise, it's money down the hopper (horrible investment)
We did what a friend of mine did, rented a place that isn't all that comfy
We've put an earnest money on a place on the outskirts of town
So, pretty much mission accomplished
If that falls thru (failing inspections), it's back to the woods (I'm getting fat in town)

I've read similar reports. I know people who have distanced themselves from people and they are unhappy. Their lives seem dismal and even their conversations are dismal. One is my cousin who, except going to the masjid is happy to live like a hermit. I enjoy engaging people. I've met people on buses, in restaurants, in stores and have had some nice conversations because of it. I'm glad I found a senior center to go to after my husband passed. I love networking with my friends online but wouldn't want that to be the only interaction I have day in and day out. I see my close family sometimes (and we have big fun) but they are very busy folks.

I live in Marathon in the Florida Keys. Not everyone here is a zillionaire. I have an inexpensive lovely first floor one bedroom condo apartment a few steps away from my boat slip and heated swimming pool. I eat in restaurants or take-out three meals a day. Dinner is almost always a happy hour joint where two drinks and a small meal costs less than $11 plus tip.

I always meet old friends and make new. A couple nights ago I was joking with a lady about picking up ladies in a bar. She told me she’d love to see where I live. I immediately blurted out “ I don’t know what to do now, I’ve never gotten this far”😊 Utopia is different for everyone but I’m as happy as a clam on Zoloft (which I am)
Hello. I am writing to ask you for more information on your experience with Zoloft. I started on Zoloft a couple of months ago and still have no relief. How long did it take for you to feel better?

@RedSky4u
I wanted to let you know that the poster you were asking, hasn't been visiting the forum here, recently, so is not likely to see your post.

Someone else might read it and answer you, though, and keep looking at other threads, where you can ask people, too. I hope for better days for you ahead.

I dont know the answer, to your question,
but if I were you, I would call the prescriber or another doctor, and ask if you should try a different dose, or try something else. It seems to me that it should be of some help in that amount of time, but I am not knowledgeable enough to say.
I wouldn't stop taking it, or give up on it, in case the dose just needs adjusting and it might be helping you in some ways. These are just ideas i am guessing.

Last edited:
Islandgypsy from Festus
'Your a writing fella, are ya?'

RedSky4u, do first floor condos cost more than other floors.

For that matter, I thought the higher you went in apts, such as NY, the more expensive...

Back