Look down...What Do Your Shoes Say About You?

Meanderer

Supreme Member
How to tell a good sole: You really can judge a person by their shoes....A quick experiment for you: Look down at your shoes right now.
What were you wearing, sandals? Shiny, well-polished shoes? High heels? Nice shoes but a little scuffed around the edges?

Well, whatever your choices, this experiment shows that you really can judge a person by their shoes ... and you do not need to see anything else to do so.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...eally-judge-person-shoes--need-look-else.html
article-2158076-0255E2B0000005DC-857_306x451.jpg
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Around the house I always wear Crocs. When out I wear sandals in summer if the weather is dry, otherwise trainers or 'sensible' leather shoes with Velcro straps or slip ons. I don't wear shoes with heels, the last time I wore any was for my wedding in 1969, and they weren't particularly high otherwise I would have broken my neck in them! I have weird feet and comfort is paramount where my footwear is concerned.

Last edited:
Very interesting...it appears some of you "polish off" your shoes in various ways! When I retired I swore I would never wear white tennis shoes again. I switched to black. I too have collection of polish and brushes, Michael, and still enjoy the smell of polish....and the choices: Shall it be neutral...or Oxblood? HAHA!
kiwi-shoe-polish-accident-small-32010.jpg

SHOES...I love them and can't go in a shoe store without buying a pair. I mostly wear Yellow Box flip flops all summer except when I dress up and then I love heels! Used to wear high heels when I was younger, but not anymore, but I still love the way they look on a young woman. Now..I'm into Western boots too.

Oh my..I totally love to very good shoes..I am pedantic about making sure they look clean and well heeled before I will leave the house.

I have over 40 pairs of sandals shoes and boots, but I still work full time so I do have to have quite a few changes for every outfit/ but I love shoes anyway, particularly boots....but at home I don't wear anything on my feet at all .

shoe-1.JPG
Yesterday, with the rain pouring down outside, I took the opportunity for a tidy-up and sort out. In the bottom of my wardrobe are four racks of skeletal shoe trees, they are perfect for keeping shoes in good shape. Here's a couple of those racks, removed from the wardrobe.

shoe-2.jpgshoe-3.jpg
Having so many multi-coloured shoes requires a quite a paraphernalia of shoe creams, polishes and cleaning equipment. That was mostly what I was sorting out. How simple it would be to have a larger version of the kit that I take with me to festivals, dance weekends and other events.

shoe-4.JPG
Collecting dust at the back of the wardrobe is my shoe suitcase. It came up a treat after a dust and light polish.
shoe-5.jpg
These shoes are a copy from an original 1930's pair in the fashion section of The Victoria & Albert Museum.
Who remembers Saxone Shoe shops? That's where they were sold, back in the day.

SJC-shoes.jpg
This photo, taken in the late 1920's, had me searching for hours before I found someone in the UK who could make me a copy.
SJC-Lindy.jpg
The leather is easy to clean but the white is a nightmare. It's a canvas like material, I put masking tape over it to clean the dark leather.
blazer 1.jpg

The masking tape is a trick that I learned with these shoes, they are known as saddle shoes.
saddle shoes.jpg
How lucky I was in a search for these shoes. I have known the vendor for many years, he was selling them off at half price.
blue shoes.jpg

Black and white spectator Bass loafers in spring and summer, and all other bass loafers during the rest of the year which I keep highly polished. During the rest of the summer and beyond for more casual wear, I prefer Eastland boat shoes or Sperry canvas slip ons. I wear Bob's, Bear Paw, or Lam slippers. All the above are super comfy. Gave up regular tennis shoes or trainers awhile ago.

I'm wearing an ugly, well-worn pair of Born shoes, which says I appreciate comfort and leather-lined padded support. The young wear their self-concept on their feet, and insist on brand-name athletic shoes costing well in excess of $100 a pair...

Back