Looking for ideas and options for getting old

jhall251

My wife and I are beginning to seriously explore options for aging - aging in place with home mods, possibly moving at some point to a smaller place, etc. Ideally we'd like to find an aging consultant / counselor who could help us think thru options given our resources and our life-style preferences.

My wife and I are beginning to seriously explore options for aging - aging in place with home mods, possibly moving at some point to a smaller place, etc. Ideally we'd like to find an aging consultant / counselor who could help us think thru options given our resources and our life-style preferences.
Welcome jhall-

Look up your city's Dept. of Ageing

Join or visit your local Senior Center. They should have lots of resources for you.

Enjoy the Forum

It does not matter what you do. The only thing that matters now is to do what makes you happy. The average life span I believe is 77 1/2 now so at 73 the clock is ticking for me and others so ever day counts. Avoid jail but do as you damn well please.

I would get the legal stuff out of the way first and then make a plan for your day-to-day life based on your interests, finances, health, etc...

Once those things are done look as far down the road as you can and keep tweaking your plan every 2-5 years as your life changes.

"Life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Joanna Lumley wrote an amusing witticism about coming to terms with the fact that she's getting old. She is 75 in two weeks time, (May 1st.) Some of her TV work requires insurance liability and to obtain that she needs a health check from her doctor.

Her witticism came from the point that the doctor made on her report. He wrote: "Can still cut her own toe nails."
Joanna, ever the Patsy, was ecstatic, then she shared her secret.

clippers.jpg

Back