Love Birds as much as I do?

Bretrick

Australia has some spectacular Birds. Incredibly Bright Plumage setting them apart from the "Ordinary"
Now we have, wait for it..............A "Yellow Feathered Red Tailed Black Cockatoo" say it again.
"Yellow Feathered Red Tailed Black Cockatoo"
Western Australia's bird watching community is abuzz with joy following a sighting of a rare yellow-feathered red-tailed black cockatoo spotted frolicking in a tree outside a regional police station in Bunbury. 100 miles south of Perth.

The bird's plumage is thought to be the result of a genetic mutation opposite of albinism called leucism, which has left the bird with brilliant yellow feathers in place of should have been red or black ones.
This is only the fourth one ever recorded

This is what Red Tailed Black Cockatoos look like.
Female on left - Male on right

Absolutely. I had a Cockatiel when I was in my 20's that used to fly free in my apartment. He sat on my head and ate spaghetti as he sat on the side of my plate. He could also pronounce my cat's name, "Cleo".

I then had a white/yellow Cockatoo named Chuck that was an absolute sweetheart and needed constant attention. He made a big mess, flapping around and scattering seeds, but we loved him and he sat on my shoulder. We couldn't take him with us when we moved to an apartment in a new city, so my partner's parents gave him a good home.

They are a distant memory, but I was recently walking around the trails at our lake and heard lots of high-pitched chirping. When I looked into the trees, there were lots of bright green Parakeets that are known to inhabit the trees by the lake. This was cathartic for me.

Love Birds as much as I do?​

I learned to love 'em when living at the cabin

Decided to not have a domesticated pet of any kind
Instead, the wild life became my entertainment

Of those, birds were constant

Overhead, hawks would soar, and cruise low

Redtails were daily
fj9o9Af.jpg

But the tiny avians were my favs

The nuthatches were my buds

h34GYEt.png

They would walk down a tree (only bird to do so)

nuthatch goin' down 1.jpg

The nutcrackers were my winter friends;

coffee.jpg

But, the tiny ones kept me

The chickadees were cutest
zLTic9o.png

jEHLRfG.jpg

But the juncos stole the show

Especially Carl;

LQ00P6E.jpg

r6onFcQ.jpg

ECqy2uh.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I love birds. I had a pet crow as a young teen and was good friends with him. His name was Gabrielle. He would actually follow the bus I took to school to the school and land on my arm once I got off it there. He was amazing. He'd fly to me all the time when I called him. He was a good friend. One day he just wasn't there anymore. I called and called for him but nothing. I don't know what happened to him but had a neighbor who complained about him landing on his head. I don't know if that had anything to do with him being gone or not. I'd like to think he met a female crow and they flew off together to be together.

Then I have had parakeets for the past 20 years now. Knowing all I do about them made me worry about them all the time. I loved all of the 8 ones I've had. Can't take anymore heart ache so my remaining one is my last. They are sweeties and very funny at times, too!

Love Birds as much as I do?​

I learned to love 'em when living at the cabin

Decided to not have a domesticated pet of any kind
Instead, the wild life became my entertainment

Of those, birds were constant

Overhead, hawks would soar, and cruise low

Redtails were daily
fj9o9Af.jpg

But the tiny avians were my favs

The nuthatches were my buds

h34GYEt.png

They would walk down a tree (only bird to do so)

View attachment 195842

The nutcrackers were my winter friends;

View attachment 195843

But, the tiny ones kept me

The chickadees were cutest
zLTic9o.png

jEHLRfG.jpg

But the juncos stole the show

Especially Carl;

LQ00P6E.jpg

r6onFcQ.jpg

ECqy2uh.jpg
The captions are hilarious.

Australia has some spectacular Birds. Incredibly Bright Plumage setting them apart from the "Ordinary"
Now we have, wait for it..............A "Yellow Feathered Red Tailed Black Cockatoo" say it again.
"Yellow Feathered Red Tailed Black Cockatoo"
Western Australia's bird watching community is abuzz with joy following a sighting of a rare yellow-feathered red-tailed black cockatoo spotted frolicking in a tree outside a regional police station in Bunbury. 100 miles south of Perth.

The bird's plumage is thought to be the result of a genetic mutation opposite of albinism called leucism, which has left the bird with brilliant yellow feathers in place of should have been red or black ones.
This is only the fourth one ever recorded

This is what Red Tailed Black Cockatoos look like.
Female on left - Male on right
mhelZT0.jpg
-----------------------------------------
Love Red Tailed Black Cockatoo, one I snapped at the back of my place.

https://newforestguide.uk/biodiversity/new-forest-birds/

There's a myriad of feathers here in The New Forest. If you click on the link and scroll down below the YouTube link, you will see a screen giving you a rotation of our native birds.

Irwin said: We have a lot of black crows and geese around my neighborhood. I like to watch the crows. They always seem like they're up to no good.
jay-.jpg
Not all crows are black, this is The Jay. He may not have the black plumage of his fellow crows, but he can be just as devious.

There is a clump of tall narrow evergreens in the backyard that is a condo for birds. There’s juncos, song sparrows, tree sparrows and a pair of cardinals in there and I feed them about a cup of mixed seeds on the ground every day. A squirrel comes by once in a while and pilfers what he can. They are the best pets you can have because they take care of themselves and you don’t have to clean up after them.

Just a funny bird story...

We were on a cruise several years ago. Our cabin had a balcony. I was out on the balcony at night having a glass of wine. A dove landed on the balcony so I waited a few minutes to go inside. I opened the door to go in and it flew inside! We were running around like a couple of idiots using terrycloth robes to try to catch it. :ROFLMAO: It landed on the white duvet and pooped on the bed before it flew out. :oops:

I caught our cabin stewardess the next day and tried to explain why the duvet was soiled. Not sure she believed me. :ROFLMAO: Something I will never forget as long as I live!

Back