Magic Cookie Bars

For those of you demanding a recipe with chocolate as an ingredient....

1 1/2 cups cornflake crumbs
3 Tbsp sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 cup (6 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 1/2 cup ( 3.5 oz.) flaked coconut
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1 can condensed milk

Combine crumbs, sugar and butter and press evenly and firmly into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Scatter chocolate chips over the crust. Spread coconut evenly over the chocolate. Sprinkle walnuts over coconut. Pour condensed milk over all. Bake at 350F for 25 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Let cool and cut into bars.

Used to make those every year for Christmas. They are really good. I don't have a lot of company so I don't bake like I used to.

3 Tbsp sugar
1 can condensed milk

Combine crumbs, sugar and butter and press evenly and firmly into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Scatter chocolate chips over the crust. Spread coconut evenly over the chocolate. Sprinkle walnuts over coconut. Pour condensed milk over all. Bake at 350F for 25 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Let cool and cut into bars.
These are soooo good!!!!!

I remember these from years ago, but the 70's not the 50's. I think the old one had a graham cracker crust.

Use SWEETENED condensed milk.

These bars are really delicious!
RR, you beat me to it. I remember the recipe but remember it calling for sweetened (Eagle Brand) condensed milk. Big difference

Magic Cookie Bars! Hahaha! I remember these from the 50's! They were in Lofe and Look, Woman's Day and Family Circle magazines!
I still have an ad for it taped into an old book of clipped recipes. It was an ad for Eagle Brand Sweetened Milk and could very well be that old.

I just saw this recipe somewhere yesterday on the net. It caught my eye cause I like coconut.

And, I also saw the one that uses saltine crackers...I think it's called 'saltine crack' or just crack.
Layer of br.sugar and butter, then a layer of melted choc chips. I think that's all. (on top of the saltines)

I've been wanting to make it.

3 Tbsp sugar
1 can condensed milk

Are these the same "magic bars" that magically make ones buttocks grow? LOL!

Gee-whiz does this recipe ever look delicious!

Anything with coconut, chocolate, and walnuts in it, I'm in! 😋

Thanks for this recipe.Have excess graham cracker crumbs & coconut which my hubby over bought at the bulk barn place here.

Back