Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday January 15, 2022

image0.jpeg

“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

50 Quotes by Martin Luther King, Jr.

Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is a national holiday that celebrates the life and legacy of a man who brought hope and healing to America through greater equality for all people, regardless of race.

Today, we celebrate the timeless virtues he taught by looking to his ground-breaking words that are just as relevant today as they were over 50 years ago.

As a man who stood by truth, justice, compassion, and courage, his character and leadership inspire our daily lives. On this holiday, read through 50 inspirational quotes that will encourage your child to seek greatness and promote standing up for equality.

“If you can’t fly, run; if you can’t run, walk; if you can’t walk, crawl; but by all means keep moving.”

Martin Luther King Jr.

“Everybody can be great because everybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and your verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace, a soul generated by love.”

Martin Luther King Jr.

“But I know, somehow, that only when it is dark enough can you see the stars.”

Martin Luther King Jr.

“Those who are not looking for happiness are the most likely to find it, because those who are searching forget that the surest way to be happy is to seek happiness for others.”

Martin Luther King Jr.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”

Martin Luther King Jr.

We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.”

Martin Luther King Jr.

“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”

Martin Luther King Jr.

Back