Medicare.gov and their phone number seem to be broken.

Erika

Is anyone having trouble with finding a new drug plan on Medicare.gov? When I put in the drugs I use it tells me that the cost of my drugs and the insurance will be over $20,000. a year. In some cases over $40,000. If I purchased them myself with no insurance it would be less than $8000. per year. So thenI just went into the site without signing in and came up with totally different cost. More in line with what I have been paying. I got on live chat and explained the problem and was told to call 1-800-633-4227 which I did and got the menu of menus. The problem was no matter what number or voice choice I put in it just acted as if I hadn't replied and told me I would have to call again.

Liberty

Is anyone having trouble with finding a new drug plan on Medicare.gov? When I put in the drugs I use it tells me that the cost of my drugs and the insurance will be over $20,000. a year. In some cases over $40,000. If I purchased them myself with no insurance it would be less than $8000. per year. So thenI just went into the site without signing in and came up with totally different cost. More in line with what I have been paying. I got on live chat and explained the problem and was told to call 1-800-633-4227 which I did and got the menu of menus. The problem was no matter what number or voice choice I put in it just acted as if I hadn't replied and told me I would have to call again.
Erika, do you have a medicare supplement broker in your area? Just call one and talk to them about your plan D - that would be my suggestion. These people are really up on the coverage as they sell the policies.

GreenSky

I wonder if calling your insurance agent for help ever crossed your mind. That's what we do for our clients (or at least should be doing).

Rick

Erika

Original Poster
Liberty and Greensky, I have a high f plan through an agent. I will call him. I just figured I could do it myself though Medicare.gov and was wondering if the site was broken. Also their phone number is broken. I wanted to see if anyone else had this experience. Thank you both for replying.