Memories (Bonanza)

We watched "The Life of Riley" all the time. My Dad even put a tv in the kitchen because it came on at our dinner time. My Dad loved it because Riley's daughter was named Babs just like me.

Peter Paul and Mary song, “Puff the magic dragon”, flying in Vietnam seeing Puffs Brother Snoopy fly by me. The Animals song “The house of the rising sun”, it felt so in common with me for I lived a lot like that. Edward Stars song “War” it came to be the song for the company I was with in Vietnam. Red dirt, the smell of jet fuel. The smell of the people there, the fish they ate, the smell of their rotten beer. Flying in the mist, flying in the rain, flying above the clouds and wondering where you are. The infantry men in your helicopter, that look of despair in their faces. Taking supplies to the infantry out in the field, not able to land, throwing their supplies out of the helicopter, hoping they land all right. Waiting to go back to the world, soldiers saying they want to go back to the world and become an old man. I am an old man; I have made it all this way. Memories of mine in my special way.

Peter Paul and Mary song, “Puff the magic dragon”, flying in Vietnam seeing Puffs Brother Snoopy fly by me. The Animals song “The house of the rising sun”, it felt so in common with me for I lived a lot like that. Edward Stars song “War” it came to be the song for the company I was with in Vietnam. Red dirt, the smell of jet fuel. The smell of the people there, the fish they ate, the smell of their rotten beer. Flying in the mist, flying in the rain, flying above the clouds and wondering where you are. The infantry men in your helicopter, that look of despair in their faces. Taking supplies to the infantry out in the field, not able to land, throwing their supplies out of the helicopter, hoping they land all right. Waiting to go back to the world, soldiers saying they want to go back to the world and become an old man. I am an old man; I have made it all this way. Memories of mine in my special way.
Lawrence....thanks for your service! Glad you made it back.

Did you work the III corps area? If so, I may have hitched a ride a time or two. 199th Infantry. :unsure:
You're 100% on about Puff and Spooky. (life savers).
Our song was... "We gotta get out of this place." :)

Puff_nose_art_1966_l.jpg spooky.jpg

When I was little I loved watching the Howdy Doody show. My much Older Brother got a job in a shoe store and then became the manager of the store. One day the cast members of the show were appearing at his workplace so me and my sister went to see them. I always wanted to be Princess Summer Fall Winter Spring.
Howdy-Doody-color-TV-time-marketing-50s.jpg

Attachments

• judy-tyler-people-in-tv-photo-1.jpg
    judy-tyler-people-in-tv-photo-1.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 2
RM0406C52A_s179-scaled.jpg

Back