Memories (Bonanza)

I still remember my first trip to the dentist. I was scared, but didn’t know why. My dad kept telling me I should act like a big boy and just let the dentist do his job. He’s only going to clean and check your teeth today. When I sat in the chair and saw all those gadgets, it brought a fear to me, even though I didn’t know what they were for. I was 6 years old.

Reading this again reminded me of when I was a kid. Our bedtime was 8:15 pm. My older sister wold run right upstairs while I would try to stall. I would ask my Mom if I had my cookies and milk etc. I wanted to stay up until 8:30 because I Love Lucy was on from 8 to 8:30 but I could never win. On Tuesday my Mom would go to Bingo and my Dad would watch us. He would sit on the floor in front of me and I would brush his hair and he would fall asleep. So I would stay up until right before my Mom came home from bingo, Boy did I love Tuesdays.

Before he was a big TV star in the States Lorne Green was a trained stage actor, and also the main CBC news reader during WW2. He performed at the Shakespeare Festival theatre at Startford Ontario many times along with other Canadian actors, such as Bruno Gerusi, Christopher Plummer, Donald Sutherland, William Shatner, Leslie Neilson, and Gordon Pinsent. JimB.

I still remember my first trip to the dentist. I was scared, but didn’t know why. My dad kept telling me I should act like a big boy and just let the dentist do his job. He’s only going to clean and check your teeth today. When I sat in the chair and saw all those gadgets, it brought a fear to me, even though I didn’t know what they were for. I was 6 years old.
It was the smell. Even when I was an adult, that scent made me cringe.

Spent a little time there too.

CS2260C46B.jpg

Back