Microsoft word 2021. Use it?

Victor

I use word 2019 every day for about 2 hours for journals. Now they cancelled disabled it on my computer to sell me word21. Do you use 21? Is it any better than 2019? I have problems with 2019 that are hard to fix and don't need the upgsafe. 2019 is not support now

I'm on Word 2019. I've been on Word since about 2006. To be honest, I don't see a lot of differences between their versions; they just seem to move all of the commands that I use regularly to new places, so it takes me a few weeks to stop hunting around looking for things. I can't recall any version that contained an improvement that was really impressive. To this day, adding pictures to a Word document is a real roll of the dice. How are they forcing you to upgrade?

I second that, dumped MS Word years ago along with most of the rest of MS ever 'upgrading' programs......
I second that too ("third" it? 🤣); I really like LibreOffice so easy to use and all my Word documents transferred over with no problem at all. (MS Word hasn't been worth a darn since Word 5.1; now that was a great program.)

Microsoft has a free365 deal. Much simplified but you cannot edit docs from 2019 version. I installed it. I possess loads of old docs I may need to edit in future and must be compatible. Word home and student is much cheaper also. Less advanced

I bought refurbished Windows 98 laptop years ago and it came with a Word 2000 on it. I have since installed it on a Windows XP and it works. What I like is it doesn't have to be online. I stupidly gave the cd away when I gave the computer to somebody else, otherwise I would try installing it on my newer computers. Only problem is that 2000 was a 32 bit program and all newer Windows have gone to 64 bit.
But now I use OpenOffice.

Back