Molly

The first night I had my Henry home from the rescue I showed him his nice, new bed on the floor next to my bed. He looked at it and said "No, thanks" and jumped up on my bed and stretched out on the side I don't sleep on, gave a big sigh and went off to doggie sleep. That's where he has slept ever since, usually with his head on the pillow. In the winter he has his own special fluffy blankie. He doesn't get up on the bed at any time except bedtime, and he never encroaches on my side.

As for the nice new doggie bed, it's now in the room I use as an office and that's generally where he goes in the daytime for a nap and where he goes when I'm using the computer.

The first night I had my Henry home from the rescue I showed him his nice, new bed on the floor next to my bed. He looked at it and said "No, thanks" and jumped up on my bed and stretched out on the side I don't sleep on, gave a big sigh and went off to doggie sleep. That's where he has slept ever since, usually with his head on the pillow. In the winter he has his own special fluffy blankie. He doesn't get up on the bed at any time except bedtime, and he never encroaches on my side.

As for the nice new doggie bed, it's now in the room I use as an office and that's generally where he goes in the daytime for a nap and where he goes when I'm using the computer.
My little Roxie did that too. Very first night she insisted on sleeping in our bed and did every night until she died.

My last dog died years ago and my wife didn't particularly care about me getting another one. I took all the care of the dog, so she never had to do anything, except feed her when I would be away, which was quite often until I retired. I cleaned up after her, so my wife never had to bother with that, but she just didn't want me to get another dog.

When I was sick with the Virus, I would tell her that it sure would be nice if I had my dog back. She finally told me that maybe I should look into getting one. I knew she wasn't being serious, but trying to appease me because I was ill. Since I have recovered, I haven't heard one thing about getting another dog, but today she may.

One thing I noticed about Marley 3 years ago, when we first got her, was her staying clear of even attempting to get on the furniture at all. To this day, she will not even attempt to jump on it. She will lie on my feet and she will use one of her beds. So different from any other dog I've ever owned. Also, Marley has always chewed her food thoroughly before attempting to swallow it. She loves to taste what she gets. I was amazed.

Our dog sleeps on our bed, too -- usually at the foot of the bed, but sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and he'll have worked his way up and has his head on the pillow, laying there like a person. Cracks me up! :ROFLMAO:

Back