• This is a “Word of the Day" thread, to reply to this thread please come up with a sentence with the given word. More details.

Word of the Day: Motorcyclist

Hapi.... ever heard of the Maxton Mile in NC.... we did land speed racing there for years....
Our Race build Ironhead Harley sportster engine in a stretched lowered Suzuki GSR.
1 liter gas tank is under my chin.... set many records with it... top one 144 MPH in a standing mile.

Is ours sons fastest record run.... he is in the 200 MPH club at 4 different LSR venues

Attachments

• 1900.jpg
    1900.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 2
I've also heard motorcyclists called "Organ Donors."
I have heard much the same thing - motorcycles called "donorcycles". The idea seems to be centered around the idea that going from place to place on a notorcycle is dangersous. My response has been to point to people shoes and ask they are sometimes called "donorshoes" given that 5,000 to 7,000 people are killed every year while walking from place to place,

Hapi.... ever heard of the Maxton Mile in NC.... we did land speed racing there for years....
Our Race build Ironhead Harley sportster engine in a stretched lowered Suzuki GSR.
1 liter gas tank is under my chin.... set many records with it... top one 144 MPH in a standing mile.

Is ours sons fastest record run.... he is in the 200 MPH club at 4 different LSR venues
Wow...watching your clip gave goosebumps 😁 What a great and thrilling ride !!!

Off roading at Glamath, I witnessed a cyclist going up an 8 foot mound without a helmet, fell and gashed his head wide open! Had to be helicoptered out

lighter: I always heard you can tell a happy biker by the bugs on his teeth!

Used to enjoy going 'Two Up' with huz on his big Yamaha
Haven't done that in a while since huz hurt his knee and he wasn't even on his bike :confused:
Have you ever considered a trike? I love my Harley tri-glide.

On a day this past fall I was riding the Blue Ridge Parkway. I met a traveling family and let their son sit on my trike...he was in heaven 😄

IMG_1181.jpeg

Off roading at Glamath, I witnessed a cyclist going up an 8 foot mound without a helmet, fell and gashed his head wide open! Had to be helicoptered out

lighter: I always heard you can tell a happy biker by the bugs on his teeth!

Accidents like that are always sad. Even the safest riders riding wearing a helmet can have life changing injuries. :(

Bugs on the teeth can be a good thing...thats how some riders get their protein while drinking their liquid refreshment :LOL:

Back