Much Higher Paying Interest Rates On Checking Accounts

fmdog44

Go to depositaccounts.com and search for the higher interest rates than we have seen recently: You Should see rates near 3-4.09%. Note you must read the fine print because there are stipulations.
Consumers Credit Union Rewards Checking
Evansville Teachers Federal Credit Union Vertical Checking
Lake Michigan Credit Union Max Checking

Money in the bank is earning very little....and that will probably be the norm for quite some time. I sometimes check the rates at Bankrate.com, and there seem to be very few banks offering anything more than a pittance on savings and checking accounts....even CD's.

Most of the banks on these websites that seem to offer the most are banks I've never heard of, or Online banks. Personally, I would rather stay with banks that have local branches and have been in business for many years.

Money in the bank is earning very little....and that will probably be the norm for quite some time. I sometimes check the rates at Bankrate.com, and there seem to be very few banks offering anything more than a pittance on savings and checking accounts....even CD's.

Most of the banks on these websites that seem to offer the most are banks I've never heard of, or Online banks. Personally, I would rather stay with banks that have local branches and have been in business for many years.

Agree.

Candy-from-Strangers-1.jpg

Credit unions typically have offered better rates than banks for many years as long as you maintained the required balances and using their cards as directed.

Those interested, check Marcus-GS for their no penalty CDs, shortest term is 7 months.

They had an offer earlier this year to receive $100 bonus for depositing $10K in savings and keeping it there for 90 days. It requires new money so I moved amount from Alliant CU to Marcus.

If I have time, I monitor bank offers of cash bonuses I don't have to babysit to get the bonus. Soon as I receive the bonuses, I close the accounts to qualify for the next round. Bank bonuses are taxable and I enjoy whatever is left to spend as mad money 🙂

Back