Murphy Brown returning to CBS

moviequeen1

Another classic TV show has jumped on the 'revival bandwagon'. This time its "Murphy Brown'which aired on CBS from '88-'98 starring Candice Bergen in title role. She worked at the fictious news organization,FYI as the star reporter of a weekly news magazine e.g. "60 MInutes'
The show has already been given 13 episodes,will appear in '18-'19 TV season. Diane English who created the show will be exec producer
I loved this show when it first aired,very well written&funny. During the show's run,real news reporters played themselves in cameos e.g. Connie Chung,late Walter Cronkite
I'll be interested in seeing which cast members will reprise their characters in this revival. I don't watch much network TV,but will tune in to see the premiere of the show which I think will happen in Sept Sue

I really liked that show and am anxious to see the new eversion. I will keep a lookout for the air date and time. Thanks for the headsup.

Murphy Brown was an excellent show but it's hard to find writers that are as clever, classy, and funny anymore. Will and Grace is an alarming example of bringing back a show using terrible scripts. That show won't last the season. They've certainly lost my viewership. I hope Murphy Brown will prove me wrong.

Murphy Brown was an excellent show but it's hard to find writers that are as clever, classy, and funny anymore. Will and Grace is an alarming example of bringing back a show using terrible scripts. That show won't last the season. They've certainly lost my viewership. I hope Murphy Brown will prove me wrong.

It would be nice, but my hope only goes so far. For one thing, Candice Bergen has been emphatic that she will not lose weight and I can't imagine producers leaving her alone about it.

It's been a long time since I've seen a comedy that was worth watching, so maybe this one will break through.

Back