My countdown has begun.....

THANKS

Actually we sold our home of 25 years and moved 3 and a half years ago.
After paying everything off, and buying 2 old homes side by side we still had 60K left in the bank.
That has helped in being able to retire... The adventure has been living in a Camper while
totaly gutting and rebuilding the house.
You’re welcome. You did good. 👍
We did the same thing. Sold our house of almost 25 years and bought a house for less than 1/2 what ours was worth. Paid off all our debts and now we have a nice nest egg for retirement with a good retirement plan (pension)
This helped my guy retire when he did.

Do you have a bridge pension plan?
Are you planning on keeping two homes or selling one of them?
Are you ready for being blissfully together 24/7? 🙃
And are you renovating both houses?
I’m the cradle robber in our family. 😅

@old medic ...Retirement is the RIGHT lane for YOU!
iu

Last edited:
Do you have a bridge pension plan?
We have something similar available but no way I'm going that route.
Are you planning on keeping two homes or selling one of them?
My brother has lived in the old place over 15 years... We moved in it back in 86 and my family has rented till we bought it.
The newer house was built by the brother in the 70s, and cut 3/4 acres off.... but its sat abandoned for about 10 years
We have now put the properties back together as one, trying to establish a self sufficient homestead.
Are you ready for being blissfully together 24/7? 🙃
yup
I’m the cradle robber in our family. 😅
fun aint it

We have something similar available but no way I'm going that route.

My brother has lived in the old place over 15 years... We moved in it back in 86 and my family has rented till we bought it.
The newer house was built by the brother in the 70s, and cut 3/4 acres off.... but its sat abandoned for about 10 years
We have now put the properties back together as one, trying to establish a self sufficient homestead.

fun aint it
It sounds like you’ve thought this through well.
It must be nice being able to work on property thats been in the family. Restoring that should make a great project to keep you both busy.
Yes it is VERY fun indeed. The fun is only just starting.

I wish you the best in your retirement.

Back