My Final Resting Place Is Paid For

OneEyedDiva

SF VIP
I'd been saying for quite awhile that I was going to buy a cemetery plot. I have a friend who used to work in the funeral business and he told me how prices have started escalating. He had bought several plots years ago and prices are indeed much higher. Also, my mother and father purchased their double grave with vault years before either of them died and it was a big help to my mom when my father died and a help to me when my mom passed. I wanted to make that one less thing my son has to worry about, especially since we (Muslims) are supposed to be buried within 24 hours (or as close to that timing as possible). The cemetery offered a $200 discount and interest free payments for 24 months. I also opted to pay for the grave opening and closing fee, since those prices are going up as well. My final payment was in May and my deed should be ready to be picked up by now.

I have two insurance policies that I expect will cover additional funeral costs, hopefully with some left over. Have you done a pre-paid funeral and/or purchased a plot (or plots)?

For the loooooooooooooong rest. Cremation & burial all paid for. Complete out line of all assets in the bank safe deposit box with all our sons on the signature access card. Our wills constructed the way we want the boiler plate typical division of assets not what we wanted. A copy of our wills given to our sons so they know now what to expect. I think the kindest thing parents can do is leave everything done. Never a pleasant conversation to have with your family but once in place & understood peace of mind for all is achieved.

I'm all paid up and ready to go!

I even have a little card in my wallet that tells whoever finds me the name of my undertaker and his telephone number.

Thanks for that little tip Falcon!!!

Haven't really given it much [proper] thought...Perhaps I should?

No kids, no heirs ....so not really a 'worry' ? But probably still should make arrangements. Not very polite I suppose to just leave it for some else to deal with.

I think cremation is my choice, I'd like my estate to go to children & animal charities .

My Grandpa bought plots for many generations after him. All my family are buried in the same cemetery. This may sound strange but I will be buried with my family and my hubby will be buried in a different cemetery where is Mom and Dad bought extra plots. There was room for the hubby with me but he decided to use the plot his parents provided. I was also offered a plot with him. I didn't want to go there either. We are in agreement so I guess that's all that matters.

Ashes to ashes dust to dust, no worries here, just toss me over land or sea, cremation is the way I'm going, no plot required. I had considered pre-paying for my cremation services, but, since I'm not sure, I will be staying in this state, I had to reconsider my plans.

My final resting place will be the Pacific Ocean, so I'm good. My ashes, along with my (2nd) wife's and those of the real Hoot and Annie will go into the ocean at the Punalu'u Black Sand Beach.

My bod going for science care. Ashes will be sent to my family and all expenses are paid for.

Years ago, I looked into that, but, from reading requirements, I came to the conclution, they wouldn't want my remains, so, tossing would make more since for me. :D

Have prearranged, prepaid cremation, and burial plots. Made it very simple when my husband
passed away; we have a family plot as well. There are three generations buried in the plot.

It's funny, I live not more than a block and a half from where a family plot is that my mom great-grandfather, siblings, uncles and others are buried. I guess I could just request that I be sprinkle over them, but, I was hoping to be sprinkled over a body of water. We'll see. If I'm still in the area, it will be easy enough to just be cremated right down the road and have the ashes sprinkled around them or in them.. :turnaround:

Think I'll get this written up soon, one never knows what tomorrow will bring.

The Spousal Equivalent has it all in place. Plot reserved (it's his family's part of the cemetery so no cost there). He even has his stone in place. Yep, the stone is already there with his name and birth date. Just waiting to put the death date on it at the proper time.

Don't ask me what I think of this. I come from a "cremate 'em and scatter 'em somewhere appropriate" family.

We're heading out for his mother's funeral tomorrow morning. She's already had one funeral in the city in which she died and now there's another funeral at "home". Again, don't ask me what I think of this. What's more, both funerals were/are going to be "open casket". Truly, I beg you, don't ask me what I think of THAT......

If I'm still in the area, it will be easy enough to just be cremated right down the road and have the ashes sprinkled around them or in them..:turnaround:
I thought of having my ashes sprinkled also, then I saw the landscape crew come around on their riding mowers and mow over the graves!!

My parents bought plots (4) many, many years ago. They are buried at the perpetual care cemetery. When my dad passed away in 1987 my mother gave me the deed to the other 2 plots. My husband and I want to be cremated and we just recently had a conversation with his kids what our wishes are. My husband wants his ashes scattered here in AZ...and he doesn't care where they do it (Grand Canyon???) but I've asked to have my urn placed alongside my parents in MI.

Haven't really given it much [proper] thought...Perhaps I should?

No kids, no heirs ....so not really a 'worry' ? But probably still should make arrangements. Not very polite I suppose to just leave it for some else to deal with.

I think cremation is my choice, I'd like my estate to go to children & animal charities .

Do it now and you pay today's price. Put it off and you pay tomorrow's price. I took care of me 12 years ago.

We haven't prepaid for anything, no kids involved just hubby and me, we both want to be cremated and don't care very much what the other does with the ashes, but since we're both nature lovers I think the survivor will sprinkle them over the mountains or something. When one of us is left, we'll decide whether to have an arranged cremation paid for and have a card like Aunt Bea mentioned for whomever finds us.

The Spousal Equivalent has it all in place. Plot reserved (it's his family's part of the cemetery so no cost there). He even has his stone in place. Yep, the stone is already there with his name and birth date. Just waiting to put the death date on it at the proper time.

Don't ask me what I think of this. I come from a "cremate 'em and scatter 'em somewhere appropriate" family.

We're heading out for his mother's funeral tomorrow morning. She's already had one funeral in the city in which she died and now there's another funeral at "home". Again, don't ask me what I think of this. What's more, both funerals were/are going to be "open casket". Truly, I beg you, don't ask me what I think of THAT......

That's at least one too many funerals for mom, IMO. As for open casket stuff -- ghastly, IMO. I'm with you on the cremate 'em and scatter 'em view.

That's just creepy!

I'm considering Natural Burial. Need to get more info about it. I have NO desire to be cremated.

Back