My First Visit To A Podiatrist

Lon

After several suggestions from others I broke down and had a appointment with a Podiatrist to have my toe nails cut. It seemed to me a trivial thing that he might not even wish to do. When I told him I had Peripheral Neuropathy in both feet and could not feel my toes he said "I can see where you have butchered your toes by the dried blood". He cut the nails and prescribed some ointment for my horrible toe nail fungus. I will no longer slice my bed sheets or lower legs with my sharp toe nails. Looksl like this doc will become one of my regulars.

Lon, I'm sooo glad you finally went to a Podiatrist for your nail care as opposed to a regular nail salon. I've only had a few pedicures in my life but I was nicked several times and wondered about the sanitation of their tools. My recent trip gave me a fungus, and I won't be having any more pedicures again, I'll do my own and when I can't do that anymore, I'll go to a podiatrist like you. Remember when some of us were really encouraging you to go to a foot doctor since you have Peripheral Neuropathy? https://www.seniorforums.com/showthread.php/11172-Trimming-amp-Cutting-Toe-Nails?highlight=pedicure Hope you have a long relationship with this doctor, and kudos for taking good care of yourself and your health.

Back