My garden efforts

IMG_1127.jpeg Somewhat disappointing.....when i cleaned up the butternut squash vines, found 14 small squashes in addition to these mature ones, anywhere from 3,4,5, inches, never would have grown enough with the time left.
So.....the bees were working.....but very, very late.
The acorn squash only matured these 5.....first big storm we had late June knocked out over half the plants......and, again the lack of bees as well.....was also blossom rot.
So, if i venture with squash next year.....hope to try pollinating with a brush or q-tip.....and.....have a POWER MEETING with the BEES.
The vines take a great deal of space.......if i have them again.....will maybe try setting something up for them to crawl up on.

View attachment 188996 Somewhat disappointing.....when i cleaned up the butternut squash vines, found 14 small squashes in addition to these mature ones, anywhere from 3,4,5, inches, never would have grown enough with the time left.
So.....the bees were working.....but very, very late.
The acorn squash only matured these 5.....first big storm we had late June knocked out over half the plants......and, again the lack of bees as well.....was also blossom rot.
So, if i venture with squash next year.....hope to try pollinating with a brush or q-tip.....and.....have a POWER MEETING with the BEES.
The vines take a great deal of space.......if i have them again.....will maybe try setting something up for them to crawl up on.
I found that the acorn squash under produce, but the straight necks, crooked necks, and zucchini over produce. Did you plant spaghetti squash? I LOVE spaghetti squash and it’s a big producer. But spaghetti squash also has lots of vines. I dislike butternut squash, but have planted it, yours looks under ripe to me in the photo. Good luck with next years garden.

I found that the acorn squash under produce, but the straight necks, crooked necks, and zucchini over produce. Did you plant spaghetti squash? I LOVE spaghetti squash and it’s a big producer. But spaghetti squash also has lots of vines. I dislike butternut squash, but have planted it, yours looks under ripe to me in the photo. Good luck with next years garden.
Didn't plant spaghetti squash.
You're right......butternut are not ripe.....picked them because of weather......checked some info.....they should ripen, like tomatoes, pumpkins etc.
The vines were already dying off.

Back