My laptop crapped out

Linux Mint will run as what is called a LIVE system ; meaning it will run entirely from the USB.
I have an older desktop computer that I run Linux live on from a USB stick, the machine has a storage hard drive with a copy of most of my files, which can be accessed while in the live session. Boot up time to live session is quicker than Windows, by a mile.
I fell back in 'love' with my computers in the early 2000s after I started using Linux. ;)

Got the dreaded blue screen of death on my laptop. Called my niece who is pretty good with them. After over an hour, we could not figure things out. So she suggested I bring it to a local repair shop. Thought about it for about 5 minutes..and decided to go to Walmart to get a new one. So..that is that
You probably did the right thing. I once had a computer repaired and the darn thing cost me almost as much as buying a new one. Sure, the shop fixed it but in the end I still went home with an old computer. I should have bought a new one and got myself a warranty. Wouldn't make that mistake again!

Never had a blue screen in the many years I have had laptops. I had two others and they both were junk. My Dell keeps chugging long despite all the Windows upgrades.

Back