My Last Colorings From An Adult Coloring Book

OneEyedDiva

SF VIP
It used to take me months to finish one because I'd let other things get in the way. I had to order more gel pens (got glitter ones this time) because the ones I had for a couple of years dried out. Now with the virus I have more time, plus I was anxious to use my new pens so I finished these within a week of each other. I have three books left after giving one to my DIL

Coloring 2.jpg

Last Coloring.jpg

Last edited:
It used to take me months to finish one because I'd let other things get in the way. I had to order more gel pens (got glitter ones this time) because the ones I had for a couple of years dried out. Now with the virus I have more time, plus I was anxious to use my new pens so I finished these within a week of each other. I have three books left after giving one to my DIL

View attachment 119000

View attachment 119001
Excellent. Art can liberate who we are on the inside.

Looks pretty! I just started doing these too. They say it is good for relieving stress.
Thank you. Yes, it does relieve stress to work in these books; very relaxing and I get a feeling of accomplishment when I've finished one.
@PopsnTuff @RadishRose @hollydolly @SeaBreeze Thank you for your nice compliment. I'm giving the butterfly one to my DIL who loves butterflies.
@Phoenix I used to do them but haven't seen them around in decades. I couldn't even find one on Amazon.

@OneEyedDiva Beautiful work......you're right.....relieves tension, and relaxing.
Love spending time doing this as well.
If you have a tablet, ipad, you can enjoy these on line as well.
Love your color choices.
Thank you MickaC. I have two digital coloring apps. About a month ago, I downloaded a color by number one. I'm not that crazy about some of the color choices but it relieves me of having to decide what colors to choose, which sometimes slows me down because I can't make up my mind. I believe I posted one that was not color by number...but anyway, here are two done digitally. This is from the Color Me app. For some reason it's not letting me post the color by number picture.
20171002_133541.jpg

Thank you MickaC. I have two digital coloring apps. About a month ago, I downloaded a color by number one. I'm not that crazy about some of the color choices but it relieves me of having to decide what colors to choose, which sometimes slows me down because I can't make up my mind. I believe I posted one that was not color by number...but anyway, here are two done digitally. This is from the Color Me app. For some reason it's not letting me post the color by number picture.
View attachment 119277
That's one thing about coloring online, don't have your own color choices.......You sound like you enjoy this as much as i do......AWESOME.

Thank you. Yes, it does relieve stress to work in these books; very relaxing and I get a feeling of accomplishment when I've finished one.
@PopsnTuff @RadishRose @hollydolly @SeaBreeze Thank you for your nice compliment. I'm giving the butterfly one to my DIL who loves butterflies.
@Phoenix I used to do them but haven't seen them around in decades. I couldn't even find one on Amazon.
I remember we used to see stuff like that all the time. Since I paint, I wondered how it would be to paint on that stuff.

Those look nice, and also seem relaxing to do, @OneEyedDiva
The designs would also suggest further drawings, one could do, free-hand, in addition.

Do the "gel pens" glide along the paper surface, significantly more easily than other pens or standard colored pencils, etc?

For those of us who love to do art, but have problems gripping, most items do not come with fatter handles, and most require both a tighter hand grip and more hand/surface pressure applied as well. Some usual markers present other limitations, such as only primary colors available, or stinky chemical ink smells.... any suggestions?

Would the gel pens be worth purchasing to try them?

Those look nice, and also seem relaxing to do, @OneEyedDiva
The designs would also suggest further drawings, one could do, free-hand, in addition.

Do the "gel pens" glide along the paper surface, significantly more easily than other pens or standard colored pencils, etc?

For those of us who love to do art, but have problems gripping, most items do not come with fatter handles, and most require both a tighter hand grip and more hand/surface pressure applied as well. Some usual markers present other limitations, such as only primary colors available, or stinky chemical ink smells.... any suggestions?

Would the gel pens be worth purchasing to try them?
I think the gel pens are worth purchasing. My first set was 100 pens. I didn't need that many but Costco had them on sale for about $15. I got good use out of them but I had stopped coloring for about 15 months, during which time they dried out. Also they were in a stand with the tips pointing up. Not sure that's a good thing. The new ones are in a case in which the pens are laying down. There are 32 neon glitter pens and I paid $8.49 plus tax, which I think is a good price. The pens have a rubber grip near the bottom and do glide easily. (more so than the last set I think). I'd definitely buy this brand again, if it's available.
https://www.amazon.com/Glitter-Coloring-Doodling-Scrapbook-Journals/dp/B07WNTQSC1/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3LMBPTHHHV0KU&dchild=1&keywords=taotree+glitter+gel+pens&qid=1598199600&sprefix=taotree+glitter+p,aps,140&sr=8-5

Last edited:
Seems I do Micka! Hey have you posted any of yours? I'd love to see them.
No i haven't......when i get back into the books, when the days get short and cold. Now i'm just doing online ones
But
You sparked my interest in the books again......maybe sooner than later.

I checked out the site you posted for supplies.......lots of great stuff........Thank you.

I like the gel pens too. I keep them in glass jars with the points down. They are separated according to colors so they are easy to find what I want. I used to think this was a hobby for children too, but no, it is definitely not. I find it relaxing and is something I look forward to doing. I watch videos, listen to podcasts or music or talk on the phone and can color at the same time.

Back