My late father and I.Something I'll always cherish

Photo of my late father and I.Prior to tracing my Native American Ancestry back in 1999 I never saw or knew about this photo.My father passed 61 years ago and ten days after my 9th birthday.
One day when I had checked the mail there was a letter from one of my sis-in-laws and inside there was a note and enclosed within the note saying that she thought I may want to see the photo.So I turned the photo over and within that photo was my late father and I and we're near a Totem pole in a authentic Indian Burial Cemetery.

The headdress that he is wearing is what chiefs wore back in the day and also at ceremonies etc.

:love_heart::love_heart:
2a0jdcl.jpg

Bearwomen it was so nice of your sister in law to send you that photo. Now you have a wonderful keepsake. I've always been interested in American Indian culture. Do you remember having that picture taken?

Hi Ruth n Jersey No I don't remember having it taken.I had also asked if one of my older brothers had seen it or remembered it and he said no he didn't.

I'm guessing that I must've been between two and three years old when that photo had been taken.

Yes holly it was fantastic to learn about my late fathers ancestry later in life but it also would've been neat before he had passed to had been old enough to learn.Oh well I know now and to me that is all that really matters.Now I know on how a child when they find out that they had been adopted and then find out later in life who their real birth parents were etc.

Back