My mouse died.

Capt Lightning

Picked up my laptop to check something, and the mouse wouldn't work. Changed the battery, checked the USB status to see if it was recognised and it was, but no joy. Went to Mrs. L's laptop and borrowed a mouse and the bit that plugs in to the USB, but still no joy. Couldn't find anything wrong and then Mrs. L said, what mouse are you using. I showed her, and she said, No wonder, that's the wrong one. She fetched the correct one and it works fine.

Looks like I need a new mouse and I hate touchpads. I've set it to disable the touchpad when the mouse is installed.

My client who isn’t particularly tech savvy almost destroyed her mouse trying to pry the back off so she could change the batteries because it died

She finally called me in utter frustration, she and her husband had both failed to open the thing.

It’s a rechargeable mouse. Plug in. It doesn’t open. 🤦🏼‍♀️

My husband is left-handed, I am right. He put the mouse on the right for me and reversed the buttons. I don’t use that computer once a month. I should remind him that he can change it back.

My wireless mouse works and stops working too. I fiddle around with the ports and sometimes it works. Next time all I do is turn on the laptop and it works. Maybe there's a lag when drivers are loaded. Maybe? I don't know. I quit caring. Don't like wireless crap, including my router and my internet connection in general.

Back