My new dog

Mrs. Robinson

Today I went and picked up my new dog,Gigi. I didn`t plan on taking her until we move in a few weeks,but my friend who runs the rescue where she has been,begged me to take her early as they are running out of space. I picked her up and knew immediately that she needed a bath,so I stopped at the feed store that has a Do-It-Yourself dogwash and gave her a bath. She now smells A LOT better-and it also became apparent that she had fleas. I am lucky enough to not have a flea problem whatsoever,so I went in and purchased flea drops. She is (so far) even better than I expected. Such a good,good dog. She is mostly Great Pyrenees and maybe Lab? Her tail is very curled though,so not sure what that would be.

Gigi.jpg

Today I went and picked up my new dog,Gigi. I didn`t plan on taking her until we move in a few weeks,but my friend who runs the rescue where she has been,begged me to take her early as they are running out of space. I picked her up and knew immediately that she needed a bath,so I stopped at the feed store that has a Do-It-Yourself dogwash and gave her a bath. She now smells A LOT better-and it also became apparent that she had fleas. I am lucky enough to not have a flea problem whatsoever,so I went in and purchased flea drops. She is (so far) even better than I expected. Such a good,good dog. She is mostly Great Pyrenees and maybe Lab? Her tail is very curled though,so not sure what that would be.View attachment 72740
She's a beauty! Wish you all a long and loving relationship.

Beautiful girl Mrs. R., glad that she's a good dog and you're very kind to rescue her. Spitz breeds have very curly tails, but I'm guessing that would have been the father since they're not nearly as big as a Great Pyrenees. Big hug for your new doggie! 💖

Moving? Not out of Lake County I hope? You are my only contact in my childhood home. I'll never forget my little cat fishing trips on the lake or the site of Mt. konocti on a evening...

Last edited:
She turned 2 years old in April. Gigi is her original name. She belonged to a woman who just let her roam and she started hanging out at a neighbor`s house. They had a bunch of kids,and they apparently covered her in glue or paint-they never did determine what it was. Orphan Dog,a local rescue,rescued her,had her coat all shaved down and she has lived there for a year with no adopters. When I told my friend I wanted her,she suddenly got bombarded with lots of adoption apps for her,but when she saw us meet for the first time,she knew she was meant to be mine.

[/QUOTE]
Moving? Not out of Lake County I hope? You are my only contact in my childhood home. I'll never forget my little cat fishing trips on the lake or the site of Mt. konocti on a evening.

I am looking for homes for my husband`s boss to buy and just ran across this. It`s a house on 6th St. in Lakeport,which I`ll bet is somewhere near where you lived. It has a beautiful view of Konocti....Sixth St.jpg

she is just beautiful -give her the love and attention she will love u back -- enjoy rescue dogs all need homes usually without young kids -I have worked in uk == for RSPCA .. animal org … I did home inspections for adopting cats dogs ect ..

She is a gorgeous creature, Mrs. Robinson. I am still looking for a new doggie. I know I will find the right one for me.

How did she like the dogwash? How did you get her up into the tub?

This dogwash is about the height of a sofa (?) and is enclosed by plexiglass. It has a door and the dog just jumps up and in. Then has a hose with a sprayer attachment. And a "blowdryer" that just blows the water out of the coat. It`s a fantastic set up. She loved it-or at least didn`t seem to mind it. You clip them in by their collar so they can`t jump out. I still ended up soaked but with a smaller dog I`m sure I wouldn`t have been lol.

Back