My walking companion

lol! hope he doesn't follow you home ever.
He’s our resident skunk. The pics are across the road from our house....I waited till he crossed the road to take the shots so that he was illuminated by the street light.

He’s always around. He usually walks on our lawn, parallel to me as I walk the dogs across our lawn, about 20 feet away till he crosses the road. He seems to have a regular route 😂

Pretty sure he’s also the little guy who meanders across our back porch every night. He’s surprised us more than once in the summer when we’ve slept out there!

Last edited:
He’s our resident skunk. The pics are across the road from our house....I waited till he crossed the road to take the shots so that he was illuminated by the street light.

He’s always around. He usually walks on our lawn, parallel to me as I walk the dogs across our lawn, about 20 feet away till he crosses the road. He seems to have a regular route 😂

Pretty sure he’s also the little guy who meanders across our back porch every night. He’s surprised us more than once in the summer when we’ve slept out there!
I bet he did surprise you a few times. Probably surprised him too. LOL

Skunks like to eat honeybees and will try to snatch the late foragers as they come and go at the hive entrance in the late afternoon and early evening. My hives are up off the ground so that the skunks' bellies are exposed when they have to reach up to the bees' landing board........then the bees sting them there. Skunks become quickly discouraged and look elsewhere for something to eat.

I wouldn't either :LOL: Their smell just comes in my window sometimes--not the spray but their body odor is skunky.
Imagine that.

I used to get families of them when I lived up in the foothills. Raccoons, too. They'd all come when I put food out for the homeless cats. Some of the raccoons were huge! You could hear them all stomping around on the wooden porch.

Fun times.

Imagine that.

I used to get families of them when I lived up in the foothills. Raccoons, too. They'd all come when I put food out for the homeless cats. Some of the raccoons were huge! You could hear them all stomping around on the wooden porch.

Fun times.
When I lived in California we had a family of raccoons who’d come steal dog food from the bowl on the back porch. One of the little dudes had the funniest habit; he’d take a piece of kibble, amble several feet away to the side of the pool and dip the kibble in the water then he’d eat it! He did that with every piece of kibble he picked up, night after night! Too funny. 😂

Back