My Walls of Fame.

Ronni

The motormouth ;)
Some people have art on their walls. I have Walls of Fame. 😉 That’s what my kids call the photo collages and other framed photos that I’ve always displayed at home. They don’t ever remember a time when the house walls weren’t galleries of photos of everyone.

It’s taken me forever to create my Walls of Fame since I moved in here, in part because we’re a blended family now and so that blend needs to be represented, along with all my family photos as well as the photos of Ron’s extended family. But it’s mostly done now! I hauled a huge trunk’s worth of Ron’s memories out of the shop, COVERED in wood dust and spider webs, and created collages and framed images. It’s been years since he’s seen those precious memories. He cried. 😍

Missing several photos that I haven’t picked up yet. Still a bit of tweaking needed but it’s mostly finished. It’s not the most artful, looks a bit cluttered (why don’t we have more walls? 😫) but I don’t mind. Being surrounded by these memories is way more important to us than having clean wall lines or designer looks.

Only took me 3 years. 🤦🏼‍♀️😒
A425DB35-F544-45E5-A010-9F6261C5B7A6.jpeg
0DEA2B94-7EA5-486A-8BE9-260C639C1E5A.jpeg
42A759B1-A425-47EB-9E20-B28FE7D8DA83.jpeg

Last edited:
Some people have art on their walls. I have Walls of Fame. 😉 That’s what my kids call the photo collages and other framed photos that I’ve always displayed at home. They don’t ever remember a time when the house walls weren’t galleries of photos of everyone.

It’s taken me forever to create my Walls of Fame since I moved in here, in part because we’re a blended family now and so that blend needs to be represented, along with all my family photos as well as the photos of Ron’s extended family. But it’s mostly done now! I hauled a huge trunk’s worth of Ron’s memories out of the shop, COVERED in wood dust and spider webs, and created collages and framed images. It’s been years since he’s seen those precious memories. He cried. 😍

Missing several photos that I haven’t picked up yet. Still a bit of tweaking needed but it’s mostly finished. It’s not the most artful, looks a bit cluttered (why don’t we have more walls? 😫) but I don’t mind. Being surrounded by these memories is way more important to us than having clean wall lines or designer looks.

Only took me been 3 years. 🤦🏼‍♀️😒
View attachment 238899
View attachment 238900
View attachment 238901
I love this, @Ronni ! I've wanted to do something like this for a long time but haven't sat down to finally organize all the photos. Most of the photos are in albums. Thanks for sharing these!

I meant to mention in the OP that I’ve never been a fan of studio portraits or staged photos so pretty much everything I display are candid shots or selfies rather than posed photos.

Even when we’ve had our photographer shoot our wedding or our anniversary pics it’s still not staged or posed images. The candid stuff is real, representing real life.

The closest I get to staged/studio work is selfies! 😂

Last edited:
I love this, @Ronni ! I've wanted to do something like this for a long time but haven't sat down to finally organize all the photos. Most of the photos are in albums. Thanks for sharing these!
It’s so worth the time and effort @palides2021! I put it off for several years for similar reasons..photos weren’t organized, wasn’t sure which ones to use etc.
As I embarked on this project, because of limited wall space, I realized that I needed to plan out what frames/collages I was going to use, and THEN figure out which photos!

It was a much better sequence for me, and made it easy to worth through the photos because I had a specific idea in mind…I need this many, that size, portrait orientation and then others, same/different side, landscape orientation. It took most of the confusion and uncertainties out of the decision making.

Back