Name of your old teachers

caroln

Does anyone remember the names of your old grade school teachers? I don't know why I remember???
1st grade: Ms. Scanlon
2nd grade: Ms. Miller
3rd grade: blank
4th grade: Ms. Staples
5th grade: Ms. Staples again.
6th grade: Mr. Prinzing

1st grade: Mrs Charlebois
2nd grade: Miss ? (Was a biatch...)
3rd grade: Miss Yvonne Caron
4th grade: Miss ? (Second biatch...)
5th grade: Miss Yvonne Caron (a second one unrelated apparently)
6th grade: Blank (it was a year I don't remember)
1st Secondary (multiple as we moved from one class to another but the Geography teacher was jealous of the fact I'd read the entire National Geographic Atlas. I'd corrected her on clouds classification and she made me teach her classes for an entire month. The kids loved it and said it was the first time that year they'd actually learned something...)

I mostly remember the special ones in my last two years before Adult Night College.

Mr Roger Chénier (accounting teacher), if I'd have the money I could have studied for a CPA with his recommendations. However, due to a mistake in my file after my father died, I lost the chance for a study grant.

I almost decided to go for a teacher's certificate but the years of abuse in schools put me off the idea as soon as. Did the entry tests and passed with flying colours...

Does anyone remember the names of your old grade school teachers? I don't know why I remember???

Indubitably. How could I forget?

1st grade: Sister Rambo
2nd grade: Sister Dredge
3rd grade: Sister Sledge (Hammer)
4th grade: Sister Gunner
5th grade: Sister Hurricane
6th grade: Sister Bronson

And how could I forget Mother Superior, better known as Sister Terminator? :oops:

1st grade: Ms Seay (first year I began to socially mix)
2nd grade: Ms Williams (watched John Glenn's earth orbit during class)
3rd grade: Ms Albrech (looked forward most to recess and "Marbles" on the playground)
4th grade: Ms Morrow (I remember having to go to class early and often, so I could write stuff on the board a bunch of times over and over)
5th grade: Ms Coon (she was a big tall ugly woman that smelled like cigarettes)
6th grade: Ms McGee (@24, ours was the second class she'd ever taught and she tried hard to get it right)

Last edited:
Miss McGillicuddy; kindergarten. I loved her.

Mrs Colon; high school literature class, 2 years. I had a huge (platonic) crush on her. And I was sure it was mutual :love:

Mr Tahti; high school art teacher. A brilliant man.

Misters Freely, Karp, and Khol; college art, humanities, and philosophy instructors. All retired, probly.

Some people may have excellent long-term memory abilities yet struggle with short-term memory tasks such as remembering a phone number or a list of items. This is due to various factors such as attention and focus, processing speed, or working memory capacity. For what it's worth I have no problem remembering the teacher's names when I was five years old, nor do I have any problem remembering classmates names. Yet what I had for lunch yesterday is anybody's guess!

I was really dismayed to find out my 4th grade teacher, Ms. Staples, transferred to my 5th grade class. For some reason I disliked her...I think she was kind of snippy, and I remember hearing her coming down the hall in her high heels...clack, clack, clack.

I remember first and 2nd grade teachers names for totally opposite reasons. Mrs. Roberts in first grade could not abide her dislike me because i didn't fit her stereotype of poor ignorant southern child. I was reading adult level books at 6 yrs old an entered school not only being able to do all four basic math functions but able to 'prove' my answers by reversing the processes.

She found it amusing that i got a severe injury to my head because she left us alone in corner of playground close to 2 roads, one highway to go across to store for end of year party supplies. She got off with a tongue lashing from my Mom for something she and school district would be sued for in modern times.

The aptly named Mrs. Grace was total opposite. Found ways to encourage the 2 or 3 of us ahead of our grade level. This was 1953/4 school year in a poor southern school no such thing as advanced classes.

As I mentioned in the other thread, Mrs Kirby was first grade. After that, no idea. I do remember my high school coaches and a couple of others....

Indubitably. How could I forget?

1st grade: Sister Rambo
2nd grade: Sister Dredge
3rd grade: Sister Sledge (Hammer)
4th grade: Sister Gunner
5th grade: Sister Hurricane
6th grade: Sister Bronson

And how could I forget Mother Superior, better known as Sister Terminator? :oops:
We had Nuns that did their training as prison officers.
As we moved around often, I could not remember the primary school nuns, but I certainly remember the high school ones.

. Sister Mary Gerard - Had a caliper on one leg and looked like Charles Laughton, would whack you with her walking stick.
Sister Mary Malachy - very cruel woman and belt the kids with her bamboo cane and thumped you on the back often. and spat on your face because she never had a handkerchief.
Sister Mary Clare - Hooked nose and hairs growing out of warts on her face- Wilmer the Witch. -, bashed us often and broke a bone in one of the girls' hands.
Why did they have to be so cruel? The children today don't know how lucky they are as if any teacher did that to them, they would be hauled over the coals by the Education Department.

As we moved around often, I could not remember the primary school nuns, but I certainly remember the high school ones.

. Sister Mary Gerard - Had a caliper on one leg and looked like Charles Laughton, would whack you with her walking stick.
Sister Mary Malachy - very cruel woman and belt the kids with her bamboo cane and thumped you on the back often. and spat on your face because she never had a handkerchief.
Sister Mary Clare - Hooked nose and hairs growing out of warts on her face- Wilmer the Witch. -, bashed us often and broke a bone in one of the girls' hands.

I hear you, @oscash, and I sympathize. Most of the nuns were brutal. I swore I would never send my children to Catholic school. I think I could've gotten through boot camp easier than Catholic school.

Why did they have to be so cruel? The children today don't know how lucky they are as if any teacher did that to them, they would be hauled over the coals by the Education Department.

When I thought about it when I was older, I chalked it up to se xual frustration. Thank God, times have changed.

Mrs. Zeigler. I will always remember her by her overpowering nicotine breath, matched with her ripe BO, and her greasy oily hair, thick with visible dandruff!

I always cringed when she'd walk around the class doing her rounds when checking up on our work.

It was, maybe, in the 4th grade and we were all shocked when our teacher left for Summer vacation as a "Miss" and returned in the Fall as a Mrs. with obviously a changed last name. At the time, 1939 or 40, none of our teachers and the principle (all female) were married.
Not so in more modern times but common in those days.

Last edited:
1st: Mrs. Ramsey
2nd: Mrs. Michaels
3rd: Mrs. White
4th: Mrs. Test
5th: Mrs. Miller
6th: Mrs. Test (same as 4th)

I remember one such school teacher in elementary school, he was forever grabbing kids by their ears and dragging them up out of their desks and up to the front of the class.

He was a weasel of a person, short and small, so I'm gathering he battled demons, you know... little man syndrome or Napoleon Syndrome.

Back